GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Txwildman
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody what's up? I got a friend that wrecked his truck and he had a Ground Force lowering kit # 9857 2-4 drop he purchased from summit about a month ago. He is going to take it off and let me have it for my crew cab. My question is what else would I need to make it a a 4/6 drop? The 2/4 consit of Spindles and rear leaf springs w/hardware and rear shocks. Any info would be great thanks.

·
Txwildman
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! :shake: I knew the springs and shackles would work. I just wanted to make sure thanks again. :) you guy's are so informative!!!

ssierra08 I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell it and just buy the 4/6 drop for my truck well see how it looks with the 2/4 first :think: before I go lower.

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
you can also do struts up front instead of coils. it will be hard to find GF coils alone, and the MCG suck. Belltech would be your best bet for coils. the struts are also from belltech.

for the rear you can remove the block and that will put you at 5" or you can leave it and add 2" lowering shackles and that should sit at 6"

the flip kit won't be needed unless you plan on going 7" or more and if you need helper bags incase you tow.

you don't need a c-notch on NNBS unless you go lower than 7"

·
Txwildman
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah!!! thats the route I wanna take, the struts I have heard you get a better ride with those.

And all I will need are the Belltech struts and the GF 2" spindles to reach the 4"drop upfront ? Now for the back do the GF lowered leaf springs sit on top of the axel or under ? Once I get the 2" lowering shackles does it now become a flip kit?

Sorry for all the questions :think: My friend had a shop install it for him so he didn't know about the installation.

The GF kit was removed before the insurance took the truck. So he has it all layed out I just want to make sure I install everything right :hmm: thanks.

a_guerrajr those HID fog light kit I got from you are awesome thanks again.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The leafs still sit on top the axle, the rear shackle just moves the eye of the leaf spring closer to the bed to create drop.

And yes that's all you need for 4" up front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts