GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used gound force? Im lookin at there 2-3 drop for my Avalanche. Any feed back would be great.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Ground Force is the Summit Racing brand product aswhile as their own. We've just install their 2" drop spindles and we wasn't happy at all.. :evillol: Next time we've going to stick to the big name brand components..

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
surfindan said:
Ive also looked at Bell Tech and Eibach
Those are good brands to deal with others will chime in on other brands as well.. DJM is other good one.. Like I said Ground Force spindles are just made to weak and light weight compared to the belltech/DJM..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im a little leary of Eibach myself. I delt with Bell Tech and DJM before without any problems but both had rode crappy. This avalanche has the best ride Ive ever had in a truck and Id like to keep it as smooth as possible. I also need a kit that can handle towing a boat.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i have installed ground force. was quite pleased with the kit.... they are the only kit that conversion companies will use. good warranties. they are owned by belltech BTW.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Word, its weird. DJM is considered the good stuff on GMs but shitty on Dodges like mine, while Ive heard alot of bad things about Ground Force for GM stuff, but its the only way to go for Dodges.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
lowred said:
i have installed ground force. was quite pleased with the kit.... they are the only kit that conversion companies will use. good warranties. they are owned by belltech BTW.
Wow didn't know that belltech owns ground force.. Learn something new every day..

·
Registered
559 Posts
i had a ground force 3/5 kit and toxic shocks on my truck,i had absolutly no problems with it. i dont think there is anything wrong with the kit just cause it is not a major brand name. it was 3" coils up front and a 3" leaf spring/2" shackle in the back,im selling mine if u want it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
02chevy said:
forgot u have an avalanche,mine wont work sorry i wasnt paying attention
N/P Ive looked at the 3/5 kit but It keeps the full suspension travel and Im afraid my wheels would hit the fender. Plus I like the slight rake looked, maybe
a 3/4 or something. If I can still tow my boat without draggn the tounge.

·
Registered
559 Posts
my best friends dad has an avalanche with a 3/5 on 23s, it still has the little bit of rake u want, the 3/4 will kinda look like u slammed on the brakes.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
02chevy said:
my best friends dad has an avalanche with a 3/5 on 23s, it still has the little bit of rake u want, the 3/4 will kinda look like u slammed on the brakes.
Werd! I have a 3/5 not an avalanche but it's not completely level. It has a rake to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
02chevy said:
Does he have a problem with the front tires rubbin?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts