GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you in advance...

Prefacing this with - I have a good hookup on JL and Alpine so I would like to stay with them.

My truck : 2011 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab w/ Bose

What I want : single sub under rear seat, preferably keep stock nav unit, upgrade all the speakers

What I like : I listen to everything from rap to house. I like screaming highs, good all around bass, some good lows (although I don't think can be achieved with this setup)

Currently I am thinking about this setup...

-Keep stock NAV headunit adding JL CleanSweep

-JL C5 6.5 Components up front
-JL C5 5.25 Coaxials rear
(or should I do more components?)
-Subthump downfire box http://subthump.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_72&products_id=41
-JL 10w3v2 or JL12w3v2 or JL13tw5
-All powered off JL XD700/5v2 (or similar?)

Keep in mind if you suggest similar, keep it alpine / JL. I have always have ported boxes and I'm not sure how this box will sound different. Can I get away with keeping this stock headunit with a cleansweep? The box supposedly supports the right volume for all three of these speakers.. Some direction would be great. How are the subs going to differ in sound etc?

Thanks a ton,
-B

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I wish I could reply with help but with the brands I can't. I hope it works out

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ive heard a truck with two 13tw5's and it sounded great. Really the only thing I know about JL.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have just purchased a CleanSweep, but have not installed yet. I will repost after it is installed. Also, I have seen it mounted in the upper glove box to give easy access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts