GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Bose system in my CC with the tweeters in the pillars and mid bass in the doors with no tweeters in the door. In the future, I'm planning on adding a double din DVD deck, and was wondering if I should replace the Bose speakers and if so, with what? I don't have the tweeter in the door, is it better in the pillar? Door? Any help would be great, thanks! :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Didn't replace a damn thing! I did however add an aftermarket HU, 2 amps, center channel, (2) 10" subs, iPod interface, etc. and it sounds damn good. I really don't see the need myself.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Id rather not switch out speakers unless your going to gut the whole thing. The factory Bose speakers are 2 ohm and if you repalce them with 4 ohm like most aftermarket ones are, you lose half the power of the amp. Id like tweeters in the pillars, it raises the soundstage alot

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
I kept the door speakers in my Escalade. Just added a RF amp and a custom rear center console with a down firing Memphis 10". Just adding the low end made a huge difference.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove my 00 Ext Cab yesterday and it has MB Quart components in the door and a Pioneer deck and it just sounded so much clearer and louder than the Bose in my new HD. I'm wondering if getting a new deck will improve the sound of the stock Bose speakers?? I have low end (2 MTX 10s and an MTX amp) but the mids and highs just don't sound like they do in my old truck....thanks for the help though guys :D:D

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
You could just add a set of components in some kick panels or just add some tweeters in your door panels
yeah but then youd have two different speakers and maybe two different sizes both trying to produce the same sound in around the same area

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so then if I don't plan on adding an amp for the mids/highs, but just running them off the DD reciever I plan on getting, I should leave the Bose speakers in there? Anyone know what the Bose amp pushes watts wise? Will replacing the factory deck gain any sound quality if I'm leaving the Bose amp and speakers?? Sorry so many questions, but I know nothing about these bose systems....

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do like me, add the aftermarket HU, two amps, subs, and keep the stock Bose speakers, nuff said!
Well, its gotta be in stages....I have the 10's and a sub amp, but I want to get a DD LCD, and possibly nav, but the other amp will have to wait for now.....but on yours, did you completely bypass all the Bose amps?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
just change your deck and it will sound fine

·
Registered
861 Posts
Infinity makes some real god sounding 2ohm speakers that work really well with the Bose amp. Much clearer and louder then our stock speakers.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, its gotta be in stages....I have the 10's and a sub amp, but I want to get a DD LCD, and possibly nav, but the other amp will have to wait for now.....but on yours, did you completely bypass all the Bose amps?

Yup. All you need to do is find the color of the wires for all the door speakers and hook them up to your HU for now. I remember I was looking for the color wires a while back. I think I made a post about it on SSS.com if you need to find it. Just keep in mind that without adding an amp to your highs and lows, it may sound like shiznits because you have the amp for the subs. All you really need is a little cheap amp to power those Bose speakers so it shouldn't be much. I ended up going with 5.1 surround sound with an Alpine theater amp, a center channel speaker with the stock Bose speakers and it sound damn good.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
I swapped out my HU, kept the Bose amp powering all of the factory Bose speakers, and installed an amp powering a couple of 12" subs. Not a competition setup, but sounds damn good to me. -TK

**edit**
BTW, bad azz truck in your sig!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts