GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 silverado extended cab and im thinking about going with a 2/4 drop. i currently have the 2" belltech leveling shackle in the rear (although i think i probably only got about 1"-1 1/2" out of it) and im going to go with a 2" hanger and spindles in the front. Before I decided to do this and started looking into some different options i wanted to know how the ride in the rear got because of the hangers and shackles. Being that ill probably only be like 3 1/2" in the rear because of my shackle not giving a true 2", im assuming i wont have to notch the frame or anything.

Long story short, how much worse, if any, did your trucks ride get after the 2/4 on your nbs?

·
Sweet Tea Pants
430 Posts
My truck rides better than stock, but I hated the bouncy stock feel. I wish I had notched it when I lowered it. I do have helper bags back there though, they definitely help.

If I had it to do over again, I'd do 3/5 or 3/6 with a flip kit and lift shackle, that way I could have retained my factory leaf spring hangars.

·
The Lowering Experts
1,670 Posts
2/4 drops with spindles,shackles and hangers ride nice. Damn near factory quality if paired up with good shocks. Most customers always call back and want to go lower. 3/5 or 4/6

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like the way the those lower drops look but because of the roads i drive on in downtown new orleans and on the way to school, im going to stick to the 2/4. im honestly not looking to slam this truck i just want an aggresive look to it.

on the other hand, what would you reccomend for the most "bang for the buck" shocks on a 2/4 drop nbs?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
i like the way the those lower drops look but because of the roads i drive on in downtown new orleans and on the way to school, im going to stick to the 2/4. im honestly not looking to slam this truck i just want an aggresive look to it.

on the other hand, what would you reccomend for the most "bang for the buck" shocks on a 2/4 drop nbs?
Belltech street performance shocks are about the best you can get IMO but their also $200. I'm 4/7 and DD my truck including going downtown without problems. Just gotta adjust your driving habits a bit.

Oh and if you need help with the install let me know :shake:

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
plus one for joey and new orleans. you have to adjust your driving. i love my 4/7 as well thanks to jvoisel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Belltech street performance shocks are about the best you can get IMO but their also $200. I'm 4/7 and DD my truck including going downtown without problems. Just gotta adjust your driving habits a bit.

Oh and if you need help with the install let me know :shake:
thanks man! i appreciate it. :shake:

im not sure when it will be because of my college expenses but eventually im gonna get tired of riding stock height and just do it haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts