GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my rear brake line comes up just a little short at full droop, so for temporary i unbolted the hard line bracket on the differential cover to give it about another 1" or 2 of clearance, but its still tight at full droop, what did yall do? longer brakelines? or loosen bracket at the frame, which would give me plenty of clearance, but i would have to bend the hard line a little bit and make a new bracket for it.

i looked at cognitos website for their 10-12" lift, and at the instructions, but it says nothing about the rear brake lines and i would assume that lift would have minimum 8" rear lift

thanks guys

·
elitest hd owner
430 Posts
i have cognito's brake line kit for the 10-12. it comes with a rear line and is long enough for probably 15" of lift. i have 10" springs and 2" blocks and i have plenty of line

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm ok thanks, my lines had just enough slack with the AAL and 4" block at full droop, but now with the shackle flip and 4" blocks its too short,

what about with your parking brake cable? mine seemed too short at full droop, and i was going to flip it over the axle but i cant get it off

·
elitest hd owner
430 Posts
my cable is fine. it seems tight but it is not. it would still be ok with probably 2" more lift and then im guessing i would have to do something with it. what that would be, i have no idea. sorry cant help ya there. and the answer to that question seems to be a mystery. good luck. theres plenty of guys on here with lots more rear lift than i have. hopefully they can help you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.