GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here with Pro-Tec bed and Tailgate like mine??? If not, how would I go about installing a roll pan on it?? Or would I have to sell it and get a metal bed and tailgate?? How much could I get for my bed and tailgate?? $1000, maybe more?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is this protec bed?
PRO-TEC Features:

The pickup box bed, inner panels, outer panels, rear fenders and tailgate are all constructed of durable PRO-TEC composite material.

To help you store, transport and secure loads, the dependable PRO-TEC one-piece inner pickup box provides all of the benefits of a steel pickup box such as: bulkhead dividers, two-tier loading capability, stake pockets and ten cargo tie-downs.

The PRO-TEC pickup box features a unique, service-friendly design. In the event you have to replace any PRO-TEC panels, they are easy to remove and replace thanks to snap-on fasteners, adhesive and/or bolts. A well-trained technician is capable of removing or mounting a body panel in a matter of minutes. This can help reduce the time your Silverado is at your Chevy dealer or repair facility.

The protective stainless-steel tailgate top-edge helps prevent chipping when you're carrying long 2x4s or ladders.

PRO-TEC Advantages:

Silverado's rugged PRO-TEC pickup box (bed, inner panels, outer panels and rear fenders) and tailgate are made from injection-molded composite materials that are dent-resistant and will never rust. After all, a durable and dependable truck deserves a durable and dependable pickup box and tailgate.

The PRO-TEC tailgate is more durable and stronger than its steel counterpart. It is also lighter, allowing for easier opening and closing when you need to load or unload the pickup box.

The PRO-TEC tailgate load-carrying capacity is 1,000 lbs. compared to 600 lbs. for the steel counterpart.

Unlike spray-on liners, where upfitters often take a grinder and grind the inside of the pickup box and tailgate to provide a gripping surface, there are no "liners" with the PRO-TEC design. The entire PRO-TEC pickup box (bed, inner panels, outer panels and rear fenders) and tailgate are constructed of durable injection-molded composite material, and are professionally mounted at the factory to meet GM quality standards. That means the entire pickup box and tailgate are rugged enough for most of your toughest jobs.

The PRO-TEC pickup box has a cleanable grain-textured surface, which helps provide skid resistance and load security with bulkhead dividers, two-tier loading, stake pockets and ten cargo tie-downs. Spray-on liners, on the other hand, offer too much skid resistance because they are often made of a non-skid, abrasive surface texture to help keep loads secure. Moving heavy equipment over the textured spray-on liner surface can be challenging. Spray-on liner surfaces are also difficult to clean.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Bag it with that bed. You would def be one of the first and peole would be like WTF

·
OG
6,939 Posts
i'm sure there is a way to get the pan on there. I know it's a different type of stuff but im sure there is a way.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm sure there is a way to get the pan on there. I know it's a different type of stuff but im sure there is a way.
Weird, I was just looking at your truck somewhere, sweet truck by the way. I do want to keep that bed and tailgate because it's different. Maybe by the time it's time to bag it, someone will give me some info on this.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Weird, I was just looking at your truck somewhere, sweet truck by the way. I do want to keep that bed and tailgate because it's different. Maybe by the time it's time to bag it, someone will give me some info on this.
Was my truck on here or somewhere else?

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Yeah the truck has changed a little. I think your nuts for taking the lift off. Should have just traded me trucks IMO

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the truck has changed a little. I think your nuts for taking the lift off. Should have just traded me trucks IMO
Well like I told many, all my life I've been around lowered trucks and lowered cars. I wanted to try something different but old habits are hard to break I guess. I didn't like it anyway. No regrets here.

You truck is nice but I would not trade nor buy one already fixed up. I like to put my sweat in it, my own ideas, my signature.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the bed is worth that much I wouldn't cut it. You are crushing some OEM/Matt type dudes dreams by cutting into it. If you can sell the thing for around $2000 like you said then you could afford to buy a metal one and have extra money for your drop/bags/whatever.
Well if I can find a clean way to cut it and add a clear cover over the axle and tires, I would because the beds are rare and that is just what I like. To be different. If I get a metal one, then I'm not different, yes it will still be a nice truck but not different. I know I started the thread with trading or selling in mind but Im starting to think otherwise. Well if someone brought 2000 cash, that might be hard to say no to...lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts