GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got a fuel cell finally and its mounted in the bed, now with my question when i put my new motor in was wanting to run a h pipe and then duals dumped on each side right before the axle, now can i get the h pipe to run under the tranny where the factory y pipe used to run under the bell housing, or is that too wide for an h pipe? how wide can it be? i wanted to run an x pipe but there is just no room. i could run the h pipe after the tranny but i am thinkin thats gonna be too far down, dont know much about h pipes other than they balance exhaust pulses alwoing better lowend torque and helps elemnat poping on decleration, i am not runnin any cats and mid length ceramic headers off ebay, 3" all the way and dynomax muffs. maybe magnaflows havnt decided yet, one or the other. i am thinkin i could use the bent one here in this pic.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-642030&N=700+115&autoview=sku

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no room, see my exhaust isnt going to cross under the tranny and run down the pass. side like stock, it's gonna join at some point for the h pipe but each side of the exhaust is gonna run down each side of the truck almost striaght back on both sides. kinda like a mustangs setup if you have ever seen that. see if i run a h pipe under the tranny bellhousing like the stock y pipe its gonna be like 8 inches min. wide and i am wondering if thats to wide apart for a h pipe, and i dont knoe if the is enough room after the tranny and above the drive shaft to do it, if there is i will def. run a x pipe there but then i am worried bout it being too far down the exhaust system to be effective as i always thought they needed to be within the first 12-16" of the headers.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well after lookin at some ls1 setups i think i can run the x pipe after the tranny, but with a 5-8 drop will it fit between the drive shaft and cab/bed? on the camero's and ta's they run it under the drive shaft, could this be an option or wil it hang too low? still havnt decided on which 3" mufflers to use, def not flowstoppers, i like the spintechs on stangs but the only on i heard was a lifted z-71 with no cats or crossover pipes and it sounded like :crap: but they sound killer at idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts