GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How capable is the Hummer H2 off-road? I have seen a lot of these around lately and none of them are ever dirty and half of them are rollin around on some big ass chrome wheels. Do these things have IFS, are they any more capable off-road than my Silverado?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yes they have IFS and they are not anymore capable than a truck... They have no ground clearance and well they pretty much suck...

I remember while at the hammers one time one followed us to sledgehammer and he got stuck in the sand trying to get to the trial :insane:

Ever watched that video of the h2 driving over a 6" rock and blowing a tie rod and cv?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
they have a 9.5" semi float 14 bolt rear axle and the 9.2" front IFS. They are essentially a big 3/4 ton suburban. They are very very heavy, have low clearence, bad visibility.... They are nothing like the H1, they are pretty much a fancy suburban. So no, they are no more capable than your truck.

·
6,656 Posts
9.5" 14 sf I am 100% sure, the e-locker for the 14 sf was developed specifically for the H2s

·
6,656 Posts
nope, the semifloat 14 bolts are rounded, only the 14 fullfloats have that distinct diamond shape to fit the larger 10.5" or 11.5" ring gear.

·
6,656 Posts
yup, its got a 454 so (dont qoute me on this) it HAS to have a 14ff, I THINK thats how it worked, at least every 454 I saw had a 14ff and it kinda would make sence. All 8.1s now have the 11.5" 14ff...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Once of my trips to hollister consisted of watching an "H2 owners club" run some trails there. A couple got the bright idea to take theres up onto the mini-rubicon and got about 10 feet into it and broke a cv up front and I think they blew a rear axle shaft... They ripped a rear shock off too. Anyway, they start to get yanked off and the yuppy driver got out and started crying about how his rockers were getting scratched by the rocks and wanted to call a crain to come out and lift him off vertically :insane: They eventually got him pulled off and it had to be towed somewhere, gearoil pouring out of both ends.

The rest of the day they just drove around on dirt roads that the water truck runs on to take water to and from the mud pit :LOL:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts