GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so on tuesday i picked up a 1988 volvo 240 dl with 240,000 miles for 300 bucks. i drove it all the way from surprise to east mesa made it back with no problems, i only got it as a project and it gets good gas milleage. this damn thing is a tank it weighs 4,030 lbs. has a 2.3l 4cyl so its a sled. so go ahead laugh at it, not bad for a 19 year old car.

HPIM1365.jpg

HPIM1357-1.jpg

HPIM1356.jpg

HPIM1361.jpg

HPIM1362.jpg

HPIM1363.jpg

1,932 Posts
Looks like a fun little beater. Its funny to me to think that there were a team of engineers that spent months drawing and designing this back when it was made LOL :rofl2:

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a fun little beater. Its funny to me to think that there were a team of engineers that spent months drawing and designing this back when it was made LOL :rofl2:
lol yea thats funny, it is fun to drive it needs its work i just put in a new brake master cylinder its also cool because it has 4 wheel disc brakes. and now i need shocks and a cat converter (sp?)

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Throw some D's on that bitch :imo

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
DOOOO IT!!

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Volvo_200_V-8.html

Shows how to install the small block Chevrolet V-8 into 1975-1993 Volvo 240 and 260 models.

Includes dimensioned illustrations of the motor mounts and instruction on tachometer calibration. Covers stick shift and automatic transmissions. This book does not cover the Volvo 700 series.

[yt]vs100JqQGuw[/yt]

·
Silver Edition
954 Posts
Haha my friend had one until a few weeks ago...had it for about 6 months...around the same milage as yours and same model and everything. He used to drift it around corners, it was surprising how good it could drift when it was raining, and the look on peoples faces when they see an old volvo sliding around a corner is priceless.

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yea one new thing i just did on it, i recharged the a/c on it about 2 hours ago and it blows god damn cold. yes its still r12 and i can get that shit for cheap. you can get it in mexico for cheap. also did i mention this thing has heated seats???

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha my friend had one until a few weeks ago...had it for about 6 months...around the same milage as yours and same model and everything. He used to drift it around corners, it was surprising how good it could drift when it was raining, and the look on peoples faces when they see an old volvo sliding around a corner is priceless.
hell yea dude its crazy how these things handle great steering response also a great turn radius.

·
Silver Edition
954 Posts
hell yea dude its crazy how these things handle great steering response also a great turn radius.
Yeah it really is, we had a lot of fun in his. Towards the end we even took it up in the woods a few times. Im sure we will always remember that car...had the heated seats too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice and sporty but still classy enough to take the family out on a sunday drive lol jk. That should be a fun little beater for ya, just make sure to take videos and post them up.

·
Mike D
53 Posts
my buddy had one of the 5 speed 240 station wagons back when we were 16, used to drift it all over the place. took it on a mountain bike trip one day in like 95 degree heat, sweating our asses off all day, wasnt till about a mile from home that we realized we had the heated seats on the whole time!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts