GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bad hail storm move through our town yesterday. Tore my truck up...Just waht I needed. Was trying to trade it in on something too. :biggun:

Now I dont know whats going to happen...

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
My worst nightmare. We get small hail here, nothing larger than pea sized typically. But I have furniture/moving blankets in the storage closet here at the office for emergency deployment if some serious shit starts to fall.

Not kidding.

Good luck man. The PDR guy may be able to help... depending on how bad :(

You know we want to see pics

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I was holding my 1 year old and couldnt run out to move it. I had a barn or garage to pull it in but it was to late.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Yeah, thats happened to a couple of people here on random days. That sucks man.
Body shop to pop them out is the only way I believe?

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
Are they deep or just light dents? Prolly have to be blocked and primed to be smoothed out, you would play hell trying to spot putty each of those dents. Man that sucks. We have an 08 Honda we are doing next week that has the same damage, not looking forward to it, lol.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Are they deep or just light dents? Prolly have to be blocked and primed to be smoothed out, you would play hell trying to spot putty each of those dents. Man that sucks. We have an 08 Honda we are doing next week that has the same damage, not looking forward to it, lol.
lol, anti-PDR?

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
That doesnt really work it just makes it look better, I have never seen any Paintless dent removal that doesnt have waves or still looks funky when they are done. Easier than painting it tho, and some people arent picky so its always an option. NEVER on my shit, lol.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Don't get me started on pdr guys. Almost every time I can still see the repair. I fucking hate the pdr guys that chase hail storms, roll into town, rob the local shops, offer a warranty but then disappear so you can never get the warranty because the paint cracked when they pushed it back out and it starts to rust. I know of 1 pretty good pdr guy that are shop will refer customers to sometimes. If you want it perfect, bodywork and paint is the only option.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know a pdr guy that is really cool and does some good ass work, it all depends on the person. Talk to your insurance about the damage im pretty sure i have hail damage coverage through state farm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, Thats all I have to say... You guys rather have your factory paint grinded down by some hourly guy, filled and sprayed than just get the dents fixed. I am a certified dent guy, and i d o chase hail storms, do not rob any body shops of anything, we make them money. PDR is a preferred method by any insurance company, ur policy is supposed to return ur vehicle to its original condition, Im not sure what guys u have seen but there is alot of bad pdr guys. I will take my work up against any body shop or npdr guys work out there, absolutely no wave, no paint cracked, cant see any thing at all. Y do people want there vehicles painted, nothing like factory paint, now we cant fix all damage, but a goofd pdr guy is where it is. Todays way of repairing vehicles. The bodyshops have no choice to use us, they have to. If not the insurance company will direct cars to the competitors shop, the bs get 20 to 40 percent off of us for nothing but happy customers and people get there cars back the same nite without dents. U need to see a good pdr guy, come hang out with me and my guys, When were done with ur vehicle it is sometimes better than factory cuz we straighten out flaws and stamp marks.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
were did this guy ^ come from

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Wow, Thats all I have to say... You guys rather have your factory paint grinded down by some hourly guy, filled and sprayed than just get the dents fixed.
Fuck that, not me. PDR guys around here are more competent than body shop guys. Who wants mismatched paint? Orange peel, overspray, halfassed masking :pissed: I could go on and on about how many corners are cut during body work. Why? Because these shop guys figure "they'll never notice" or "only a professional eye could tell" well guess what, I can tell.

PDR is an art. I respect what you guys do :worship:

I try not to deal with a contracted PDR guy, but personally with the dude himself. You pay him what HE wants, not what some shop who calls him up, charges YOU and pays him like 1/2 of what you paid or even less.

I know an awesome dent guy now, tipped him huge and recently just met up with another guy that does vinyl/leather etc.

·
Bag Envy
2,247 Posts
What sucks is that these NNBS are so damn flimsy that something like hail could make a massive dent. Hopefully it gets fixed back to exactly how it was then you can trade it off.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Hail sucks, My current car is the first one I have owned without hail damage. My cavalier looked like someone took a BB machine gun to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, a good dent guy is what u need, I am, and there is alot out there. Body shops are terrible, some good also. Nothing better than keeping factory paint, and I come from a bodyshop background....

·
Registered
11 Posts
That cracked [paint is not from the pdr guy, on the edge of the inner panels, thats what cracked it, not coming out, im sure the dealer paid some half ass pdr guy to hack it up and try to hide it, I dont do dealers cuz they dont care, as long as u buy it.

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
That cracked [paint is not from the pdr guy, on the edge of the inner panels, thats what cracked it, not coming out, im sure the dealer paid some half ass pdr guy to hack it up and try to hide it, I dont do dealers cuz they dont care, as long as u buy it.
Well I caught em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would touch that up before the hole side of ur truck gets ruined. only a select few can see that crack, everyboby will be able to see the side of ur truck painted, then years down the road you will have to get it done again paint will faid, then peel. I guess thats better,

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thanks, a good dent guy is what u need, I am, and there is alot out there. Body shops are terrible, some good also. Nothing better than keeping factory paint, and I come from a bodyshop background....
am I the only one wondering were the hell this guy came from. only has three post and they all are in this thread. How did you come across this???
:think:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts