GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight a big ass storm rolled through and dropped golfball sized hail on my hoe for 20 damn minutes. Storms weren't suppose to make it down to where I lived so I took my hoe out of my g/f's dad's barn and headed home, 2 hours later it popped up and I had no time to do anything. Anyone else get hail tonight? The storms were huge and headed southward. I'll post a pic of the damage tomorrow. :guns:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well everytime we have a chance of hail or i know its on the way, my g/f's house is only 10 minutes away and her dad has a huge barn where my car is usually safely stored, but this time I didn't make it, and we all thought it was going to head west of us........apparently not. I should have hung around her house just a little longer today and all would have been well..............We have another chance of this nasty shit for the next 3 days, plus its building out west of us right now.......my shit will definately be headed back to the barn!

·
OG
6,939 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
yeah im in allen (just north of plano) and we didn't get any more than heavy rain and lots of thunder and lightning. that doesn't mean my truck isn't currently covered in comforters and blankets :read: :smokin:
i thought i was the only person paranoid enough to put comforters and blankets on my truck

Is this crap supposed to make it's way toward houston i hope not. But the house across the street is empty and they a have a nice 2 car covered parking thingy

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
We didn't get any hail in the Plano/Frisco area...It's weird too. We have nice (hot) sunny days and then it clouds up at night and starts to thunder and lightning like crazy. This has happened for the last couple of days...

You know what I do when it starts to hail (since my truck has to sit outside). Just drive around (even if it is only as fast as 10 MPH). That seems to help a lot. We had this one big hail strom last year that caused all kinds of damage to everyone's cars. I took my truck out that night and drove real slow until i could make it to one of those gas stations with a covering. Worked like a charm...just something to think about :bowtie:

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
so that way u be sure to break ur windshield too :p
jp
we had like 5 some tornados in my area this past weekend and some places had golfball size hail. and I still havent heard from way2hi, they got hit pretty hard...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The closest gas station is a huge truck stop near my g/f's house, so needless to say if I couldn't make it to her house, the gas station is out of luck too. That's the price I pay for living in the country. I should have stayed in CS for the summer where I would have had my own garage. My mom parks her truck in the garage here at home as well as her 79 trans am, so the rest of the family is shit out of luck. But my closest neighbor just built a 3 bay shop, plus in the process of building a 4 car carport, so we will all be saved.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is a pic of the damage
IM000426.gif

it is alot worse than it looks, it was hard to get a good pic of all the dents. but after surveying the damage the drivers side of the hoe has around 20 light dents in it, the hood has around 40 dents (some deep) and the top has around 50 good deep dents and around 20 other light dents. My insurance will be paying out the ass considering we filed on mine along with my bros truck and my dads car and truck.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Damn dude...that hail was no joke...hope insurance gets it all fixed up for you w/o much trouble...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
called this morning and filed a claim on 4 vehicles, $50 deductibles for each, should get fixed next week.......then maybe I can sell it

·
Registered
788 Posts
Apparently, the other night we had some high winds because my truck was park in the driveway and a screen blew off one of our windows and it happened to hit my hood and scratch it all up. I hope these scratches will buff out. :pissed:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they should, our screens were just torn all to hell after this little storm rolled through, we got lucky though, a couple houses down all their windows in the front of the house were busted out

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hell yea!

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
yea i am in wichita falls and it rained like a bitch here and 80-100 mph wind, but we only got pea size hail so it didnt do anything to the cars.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
We got lots of hail and tornados here. it sucks really bad. I heard the hail start and i drove my truck down to my shop and parked it there for the night and next day.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds like a good idea

1 - 19 of 19 Posts