GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my truck is bagged with the cool ride set up in the front and the KP 4 Link Canti in the back. And I have Doesch Tech shocks at all four corners and rides really good. When I ordered my cool ride setup I ordered the HAL shocks but they didn't come in the right size, so I installed the Doesch Shocks for the time being. So my question is if i should exchange them and get the right size or just get my money. Are they really worth the $200-250 for them. I only ordered them for the front because I heard that the HAL shocks with the Cool Ride is just about the same as the Shockwave. Anyone have experience with the Hal Adj Shocks?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The KP link should have come with some shocks they run with all their kits. I wann say they’re Monroes or Gabriels.

BaggedC10 has the HAL’s on his truck but I don’t think it’s running yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fiveeightchevy said:
The KP link should have come with some shocks they run with all their kits. I wann say they’re Monroes or Gabriels.

BaggedC10 has the HAL’s on his truck but I don’t think it’s running yet.

Actaully yea i think your right. I might only have the Doesch shocks in the front.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Doughboy said:
Actaully yea i think your right. I might only have the Doesch shocks in the front.
The shock may not be made for the full stroke of the suspension. I know some people don’t like the DT’s as they can be stiff on some applications. :read:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My pops truck has the HAL shocks. We really havent played with the dampening of them. We set them half way, and they ride great. We drove it with monroe's, then with the HAL's. The HAL's are better, but I doubt they're worth the extra $200 unless you are really that interested in getting a perfect ride. I'm sure I can adjust them, and dial it in perfect, but they ride great now.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll just exchange them and get the correct length considering I have already paid for them. I might as well keep them instead of credit because I'm really after ride quality in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts