GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I snapped my stock axle and ruined the other one bought some lifetime warranty replacements from orieleys and the axles have held up fine but they blow the boots out and I'm tired of replacing them.. Yea they are free but I don't like doin it every couple of months haha. Anyone know of any replacements that work well?

·
Dukking Around
539 Posts
I'm running RCV'S. I know there has been a lot of controversy on here about them in regards to quality versus price. Truly mine have been the answer to all of my past issues. I've had them in all sorts of mud at the local ohv trails, been on the beach regularly, spend every day deep in the woods, and have had them in a little bit of rocks out at Uwharrie. The only issue with mine was when they arrived at my house, the bands that hold the boots on, were on at angles, causing some grease to leak out. After getting new bands on them, I haven't had anymore problems. And I'm running 38.5 boggers cranked pretty high. My axles are at an ~30° incline. If I remember correctly, Hovey has had numerous issues with boots and broke one too. I don't think he's running them anymore, but my experiences have been great so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts