GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my escalade handles on yesterday, really glad I went with the pre-painted ones. I spent an hour sanding my tailgate handle and bezel, got all the texture out but didn't get all the scratches out. It looks ok, but I'm gonna take it off again later and sand it some more and put some more paint on it, it will do for now. :thumbsup:

And yes, debadging it is in the near future. :whip:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LowBlue02 said:
I see the bugshield is back on! :crazy:
Yeah, lol ... it was really off just to clean under it and I thought, heck why not get a pic :pow: ... Steve was laughing at my trailer hitch earlier .... guess it's just an Alabama thang :insane:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
when are thoose badges coming off? we already know its a silverado 1500 and its made by chevrolet:read:

looking good man

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2k1slvrdo said:
when are thoose badges coming off? we already know its a silverado 1500 and its made by chevrolet:read:
looking good man
Ok, you guilted me into it, one 1500 is almost off, the other to follow. That's probably all I will do today as I worked my ass of on some stuff yesterday and wanted today to be a lazy day, now look what you did, made my ass do some work :LOL:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tuckin22 said:
nice how much did they run you? where'd you get them i have been kicking around the idea of getting some
gmparstdirect.com ... they were like $85 shipped. Only thing is, does anyone know if they make them in white? I thought all the escalades were pearl white, so they wouldn't really match. I know you can get the Tahoe/Yukon handle in white but it wouldn't have the chrome.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2k1slvrdo said:

looking good man
And here's the proof :LOL:

EDIT: both sides are done now, and my thumb is numb :waytogo:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
that 1500 sticker takes all of 2 minutes to take off.. i completely debadged my regular cab in an hour and 15 minutes.. but how do we know you didnt photoshop that sticker off? :ninja:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
good job now get that nasty looking door trim off :read:

it only takes 3 min at most all you gotta do is get a corner and it comes right off

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tuckin22 said:
good job now get that nasty looking door trim off :read:

it only takes 3 min at most all you gotta do is get a corner and it comes right off
Hell no, the door trim on Pewter trucks rock :rocking: ... looks perfect with the handles. It's staying, not gonna do it. :pissed:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pewter00 said:
that 1500 sticker takes all of 2 minutes to take off.. i completely debadged my regular cab in an hour and 15 minutes.. but how do we know you didnt photoshop that sticker off? :ninja:
Well you come do the rest of mine, cause it's taking much more than 2 minutes ... damn glue and crap.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
bcubed said:
Hell no, the door trim on Pewter trucks rock :rocking: ... looks perfect with the handles. It's staying, not gonna do it. :pissed:
:LOL: you like the door trim that much you might as well keep that bug gaurd too :crazy: :anitoof:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts