GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy B-day to our Lost Brother Jason. I'll be having a cold Mug and some vanilla wafers for you today.

Make sure everyone keeps Ken and Debbie in their prayers today.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
RIP brother.

·
Ultimate IFS Pirate
1,903 Posts
Happy B-day to our Lost Brother Jason. I'll be having a cold Mug and some vanilla wafers for you today.

Make sure everyone keeps Ken and Debbie in their prayers today.
Busy morning for ya.... :shake:

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I’ve been dreading this date and the 23rd for months, not knowing how I would handle them. I’ve already complete my first crying spell and about to start my second. I used to love Jason’s birthday and Christmas because I got to buy a tool, even though it was getting hard to find anything he didn’t already have. Last year it was the biggest and badest Milwaukee 0928-23 V28 three tool combo kit that took 3 weeks to get (arriving on the 3rd). Christmas of 2006 was the biggest and badest Milwaukee 1676-6 ½” Hole-Hawg. Why Milwaukee you ask; simply Jason said they’re the best!

Anyways, I need to get doing something before I go crazy. I’m going to sand on the Truggy for awhile, pick up two more 24,000 lb. jack stands for the front axle (already have two under rear), get drip pan for under front axle (slow drip leak), get front axle up on stands, place drip pan under axle, visit my mother and try making it through the rest of the day.

Speaking of my mother, ever since my dad died in August 2005 (I hate August) she has been telling me he visits her everyday. Starting in about April of this year she started telling me that how her grandson Jason had been visiting her that day and “he’s such a sweet young man”. Now you have to understand that my mom has very advanced Alzheimer and doesn’t even know who I am. Last week she told me Jason hadn’t been there lately, “he must be busy”; this is the same time Debbie was saying she wasn’t sensing Jason being around and it was while his Truggy was with JR. I’m going to ask her today if her grandson has been by to see her, should be interesting.

Also, MogPaw has been sticking to me like glue all day, she knows I need her help today. She just sets by me staring at me and if I get up she’s right with me. Her little Mogs and Swampers will be exhausted by the end of this day!

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Happy Birthday Jason, it isn't the same without you, but I know you're still around. Kyle wanted me to say happy birthday as well, as he is currently without internet access. I hope you and Debbie have a great day, and I'll hopefully see you next weekend :)

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
happy birthday

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I’ve been dreading this date and the 23rd for months, not knowing how I would handle them. I’ve already complete my first crying spell and about to start my second. I used to love Jason’s birthday and Christmas because I got to buy a tool, even though it was getting hard to find anything he didn’t already have. Last year it was the biggest and badest Milwaukee 0928-23 V28 three tool combo kit that took 3 weeks to get (arriving on the 3rd). Christmas of 2006 was the biggest and badest Milwaukee 1676-6 ½” Hole-Hawg. Why Milwaukee you ask; simply Jason said they’re the best!

Anyways, I need to get doing something before I go crazy. I’m going to sand on the Truggy for awhile, pick up two more 24,000 lb. jack stands for the front axle (already have two under rear), get drip pan for under front axle (slow drip leak), get front axle up on stands, place drip pan under axle, visit my mother and try making it through the rest of the day.

Speaking of my mother, ever since my dad died in August 2005 (I hate August) she has been telling me he visits her everyday. Starting in about April of this year she started telling me that how her grandson Jason had been visiting her that day and “he’s such a sweet young man”. Now you have to understand that my mom has very advanced Alzheimer and doesn’t even know who I am. Last week she told me Jason hadn’t been there lately, “he must be busy”; this is the same time Debbie was saying she wasn’t sensing Jason being around and it was while his Truggy was with JR. I’m going to ask her today if her grandson has been by to see her, should be interesting.

Also, MogPaw has been sticking to me like glue all day, she knows I need her help today. She just sets by me staring at me and if I get up she’s right with me. Her little Mogs and Swampers will be exhausted by the end of this day!

respect. thats deep. my prayers are with you and your family.

RIP Jason, Happy Birthday

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
So far my day has been both bad and good so I feel balanced!!!

Bad: (1) Went to small hardware store and while standing in line an older gentleman came up to me and said, “What’s Jason up to now, still working on his truck and remodeling houses?” To which I replied that Jason had died last year and this guy said “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know” and walked away saying, “tell Debbie hi for me”. I have known idea who he was but he did seem familiar. (2) Went to Harbor Freight for jack stands and really had a hard time in there; but I lasted long enough to get stands.

Good: (1) I came home to drop off the stands and still needed to go to the store for Debbie and when I got in my truck, “Find Out Who Your Friends Are” was just starting on the radio as I turned on the truck. (2) As I walked into Vons where I always go for vegetables, right next to the vegetables and just inside the front door was a large display of one of their specials, Nilla Wafers. I purchased a box to take to Moab with me.

Happy Birthday “J”, I got you some Nilla Wafers and tools!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Happy Birthday to our Brother we so much miss dearly. He and the rest of the Payne family will be in my prayers. Hang in there sir. You're not alone in here. RIP Jason

·
73 Posts
Happy birthday man. This site, and the world, isn't the same without you. I learned a lot reading your posts over the years. I never really knew you, but I miss you.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
its hard to believe that nearly a year has gone by already. Jason's legend still carries on strong though. Ken and Debbie, you are in my prayers. We love you.

R.I.P. Jason

1 - 20 of 24 Posts