GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine cranks like it is supposed to as if the battery and starter are fine. You can hear the fuel pump bzzz for a few seconds upon turning the key. It takes 2-3 times to get it fired up, then it spits and sputters for a second or two like it is running rich. Once started it seems to drive fine... no hesitation or misfires. I'm not sure when the truck had it's last tune up, but I plan on replacing the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor in the next couple of weeks. The engine has a little over 70k on it... I hope someone can help me.....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Is the fuel pump excessivly noisy when you're up and running? First thought that comes to my mind is that the fuel pump could be dying. Has the fuel filter ever been changed?

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Yeah, I would replace the fuel filter as well when you do the tune up...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just an update ya'll... i changed the fuel filter last weekend, but still no change. earlier today my ses light came on and i took the yukon down to auto zone to have them run a diagnostic and i found out that one of the cylinders is misfiring. anyhow, i just ordered the accel tune up kit and instead of using the copper core plugs that comes with the kit, i purchased a set of the ac delco platinum plugs. hopefully this will fix the problem!! any other suggestions folks?????

9,777 Posts
anything wrong with it if it is ur fpr? I mean will it cause problems or does it just mean that your pressure had to build back up to crank it sometimes?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Could be alot of things. We had one here the other day with a misfire on number six and it was a bad injector, but I would try the ignition system first...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts