GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and used the search and came up with some stuff on tonneau covers. The question is what are the names of all the companies that make hard tonneau covers for our trucks?

I know there is Gaylords, checkmate, and Snugtop. What other non flush hard tonneau cover companies are out there?

I'm thinking of going with the Snugtop-Snuglid but am getting annoyed because every site I go to doesn't give a price. I can't stand when companies hide price. Don't they understand in order for people to buy they need to know what the price is? anyway enough of my incessant rambling. On with the opinions please.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I had an SnugLid priced for my 03 (sportside) about a year ago. Just shy of $1000 (including install). I think they were cheating me a bit...and I'm sure you can talk down anyone. Also, where you live might have something to do with it (price wise).

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I have a snugtop and am very pleased with it. You can usually call the company and find out what the price is. The only other option is going to a shop and asking them.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a snugtop and am too pleased, got it for $900 even with carpet, installed. I think I got a small discount so I dunno.. maybe not

Welcome to the site :cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See around a thousand is a little too much. I'm looking to spend more along the lines of $600 after shipping. Is there any company out there that makes a decent cover for that price?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
1meanchevy said:
See around a thousand is a little too much. I'm looking to spend more along the lines of $600 after shipping. Is there any company out there that makes a decent cover for that price?
To keep the price that low, you'd be better off to try and find someplace that will do it locally. Shipping is going to rape you on a cover (esp. if you try to send to a residential address). If you know how to install it, you may be able to save money there. Just pick it up from a shop and do it yourself.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
might wanna check with Patriot ive got one on my stepside and its a nice sealing, strong lid, or another company i believe is called ARE...had one on our 96 silverado until 2 months ago when the wind finally caught it in a storm and snapped it in half over the cab of the truck.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I have a snugtop, I love it. Got the carpet, and clamp on system installed for $850 :rocking:

·
Registered
476 Posts
1meanchevy said:
I'm new to the site and used the search and came up with some stuff on tonneau covers. The question is what are the names of all the companies that make hard tonneau covers for our trucks?

I have a Astro Euro lid II - Very nice but I don't know the price as it was on the truck when I bought it.

LK

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did a search and can't seem to find A.R.E or Patriot tonneau covers. Can someone post a link to this please. Took a long time for me to reply to this my computer crashed and I had to buy a new one. Thanks guys

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
BTW, I think I payed about $750 for my SnugTop with carpet. Finding a local dealer will be your best bet.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i have an astro euro lid.. not the most flush cover but its also not huge.. i actually like it cuz its diferent.. however i wouldnt mind a snuglid.. but its good and strong and i got a hell of a deal on it pre painted.. look in the newspaper you'll find insane deals in there

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
1meanchevy said:
I did a search and can't seem to find A.R.E or Patriot tonneau covers. Can someone post a link to this please. Took a long time for me to reply to this my computer crashed and I had to buy a new one. Thanks guys
http://www.4are.com/

I couldn't find a patriot link...sorry. I personally don't like the hump on A.R.E. lids. Just my $0.02.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts