GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my truck is 4/7ish...

out back i have flip kit+autozone shackles..

driver shackle set to 1" hole
pass shackle set to 2" hole

driver fender lip to ground is 28"
pass. fender lip to ground is 29"

is that normal to basically have 2" of lean?

other thing is the shackles really were not 2" drop..only got 1.5" out of them when i was stock height+ shackle.

helper bags with 4 valves will not level it out. it gets about 1/2" from being level then the driver bag will just start lifting the whole truck.. i guess i will do a 1" block on pass. side...

any other solutions? the block will be free.. so..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I leveled the rear end of my truck when I got with 2" hangers. It sits 1" higher on the driver side. I also thought about putting a 1" block to level it out but was wondering it was going to do more damage than good.

·
Registered
768 Posts
When I fixed my lean, I set the rear shackles the same. Then trimmed front coil that was higher. I had to cut nearly 7/8 of a coil to get it level. It was almost an inch different before I did this. I inititally used shackle to fix the lean, but ran out of adjustment. I did it this way because I kept breaking sway bar end link bushings. I haven't broken one in over a year and a half since fixing the lean this way.

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my front is 1/4" from being level
my back is 1" from being level

and i cant do anymore lowering with the front. even with my inners all modded, fuse box raised till its against hood and cut off all plastic under fuse box, i still rub them, and on firewall on big ass bumps.

smaller tires are needed.. but dont want to spend money on 17" tires.. id rather wait till i found NNBS 20's

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My truck has it bad also. I thought if I installed the Monroe airshocks in the back, and plumbed each one to it's own valve, it would fix atleast the rear. But it didnt do shit either. WTF???

·
Registered
768 Posts
my front is 1/4" from being level
my back is 1" from being level

and i cant do anymore lowering with the front. even with my inners all modded, fuse box raised till its against hood and cut off all plastic under fuse box, i still rub them, and on firewall on big ass bumps.

smaller tires are needed.. but dont want to spend money on 17" tires.. id rather wait till i found NNBS 20's
Are those measurements of the front with the shackles set to the same hole? If they are, you can try swapping the leafs from side to side. Just a thought.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts