GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching trying to find a good spot to connect to a switched 12 wire. I am hardwiring my radar detector and need a ground and switched 12 volt wire. I am going to splice into the 12 volt wire and then the ground lets me screw it down. I have about 4 feet of wire I think. Can anyone help me find a switched 12 volt wire and a place so I can screw down the ground? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
do you have a system in your truck, how about a cig lighter, how about extending the cables and hardwiring it to the battery.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
Depends on what kind of truck you have and what's available in it. I hard-wired mine into the overhead console lights in my truck. These lights are on some kind of a circuit that goes dead 15 minutes or so after the truck is turned off. That allows me to leave the radar detector on all of the time and it will turn off when that circuit goes dead. To turn it back on all I have to do is turn one of my accessory lights on then off (like rear cab light, overhead console light, etc.). This reactivates the circuit which turns the radar detector back on. -TK

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
what year and type of truck, they arent all the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts