GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever do this? I have a light tan roof fabric that kind of throws off the dark pewter interior. I saw that Duplicolor has a vinyl and fabric spray and looked it up on google and youtube. Seems pretty simple enough, plus I wanted to paint the overhead console white. Just a thought, plus really bored with the wife away, especially when the kids are sleeping. Just trying to find some things to keep me busy. Thanks.

·
official cat dragger
1,640 Posts
ive used it on vinyl and speaker box carpet, but not on a headliner. Do it and let us know how it goes, worst case scenario you could always cover it with suede.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it wouldn't be getting touched hardly, even at all. Just thinking about it...

·
Registered
99 Posts
email duplicolor and see what they say. i've dealt with their customer service a handful of times and they've been very helpful.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day, that would be awesome if it would work. I'm in the same boat as ezskanken, graphite interior with the f'ing tan headliner but I've got a crew cab and I don't want to pull my windshield just to suede the headliner.

If you do talk to them let us know!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Theoretically it would work fine.

But I would have 2 concerns:
1. That it would come out splotchy or you would have darker spots if you aren't perfectly steady while spraying.
2. That the solvents in the spray would eat the adhesive on the headliner fabric causing it to sag.

With that said, I have use the Duplicolor vinyl/fabric spray before on a vinyl ATV seat, turning it from black to blue. It held up surprisingly well. After about a year there were a few wear marks in it, but a quick touch up fixed it. Never used it on fabric though.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:hmm: Might need to go to lowes and get a roll of plastic to cover everything up soon...

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
I suggest not using rattle cans on an area that large, I did so on some seats and it had tiger stripes like none other. Got some dye from a paint store, ran it through a gun and came out looking damn good.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics please!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used it on my obs and it caused the fabric to almost shrink and draw up. Theres wrinkles all over it but it's not sagging yet. On another note, it actually does not look that bad though. I just tell everybody it's suppose to look like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts