GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not gonna try to do this at all, but cuold u? Like how much weight do you thikn i could put in my truck and still be able to drive it?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I tow. I've got my dually with a gooseneck and tow my 18 foot trailer and have towed up to a 24 foot trailer. The max I've towed with it to date has been around 8k pounds and I had no problems at all. Sleeve bags are much better for out back towing. How much are you looking to pull? Do you just wanna load the bed or acutally pull a trailer?

Cameron

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I had several hundred pounds of sand bags in the bed of my truck with no problem, well besides figuring out how to place them around the hole in the bed.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Physh1 said:
I tow. I've got my dually with a gooseneck and tow my 18 foot trailer and have towed up to a 24 foot trailer. The max I've towed with it to date has been around 8k pounds and I had no problems at all. Sleeve bags are much better for out back towing. How much are you looking to pull? Do you just wanna load the bed or acutally pull a trailer?

Cameron
load up the bed... the reason why i asked is, i had a bunch of people in the back of my bed, and thought it would be funny to lift up the back, i hit the switch, and it didn't raise... it was like like maybe 900 lbs at most

my parents keep wanting to take my truck out to get scoops of sand, gravel, and lots of concrete...

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Should be fine as long as you have a big sleeve bag or a double convoluted. The f9000's won't be safe with that kinda weight IMO. It will of course take much more pressure to carry. At my unloaded ride height I run 35 psi but when loaded with my trailer full I run around 70-80.

Cameron

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
DemoN said:
just cuz your dually has been towed on a goose neck trailer, doesn't me it "towed" anything:read: :anitoof:
:pissed: :pissed: :anitoof: Thanks buddy :D

Cameron

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm... i was running 145 when i tired to air it up. But i have the KP canti setup, should that make a difference?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Everyone's pressure will be different due to actual suspension setup, bag position, mounts, and bags used. Also remember that me towing a gooseneck vs. you having 900 pounds right in the bed are two totally different ways of carrying and distributing weight. It really sounds like you will have no problem doing what you need to. I wouldn't be concerned.

Cameron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts