GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
i'll sell you my set with the trans temp already in it, and cleared out needles for $250

·
Registered
19 Posts
The acquisition of the kit is the hardest part.

I made three unsuccessful attempts to purchase the kit from Stylinconcepts. The first one had the package smashed resulting in the motor's shaft being bent 90°. The second time the package was smashed again with the motor's shaft piercing the gage face and the shaft being bent slightly. The third time it was a '99-'02 kit labeled as a '03-'04 kit. The sales staff was pleasant enough but they couldn't do much.

Street Inspired Kustoms said they had it. That is, until the order is placed one finds that is not the case. They have US Speedo ship directly to the customer. I even contacted US Speedo directly with the promise to ship it out that day. The product never arrived.

Don't even bother trying to purchase a kit until another source is found. The other option is to get the full instrument cluster instead.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
or find someone with an HD that swapped clusters. They will have a tranny temp gauge.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
or put a autometer trans temp gauge in your cluster like the the guy did at ls1tech.com it looked factory and truck is wired for a trans gauge

·
Registered
711 Posts
or you could buy the hd guage cluster from me :thumbsup: i'm asking $225 or best reasonable offer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts