1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
that's actually pretty neat, but I don't think that it would be able to lift the front end, maybe if the lower shock mount was located further out toward the ball joint (better leverage)

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno.
I was also thinking, even if they didn't make them for "lifted applications", my self, and anyone with a full drop lift could use them just fine.....?

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Looks like its for 3/4+ tons only. Would be kind of neat to be able to jack the truck up 3" or so on occasion...then again perhaps that just a great to pop a CV. And of course there is always the question of whether it a good idea to try and support the truck on the shock mounts (perhaps not that big of a deal given that they'll only be carrying part of the weight unlike that coilover kit for torsion bar trucks).

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much does a 2500 shock mount differ from a 1500's?

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
Looks like its for 3/4+ tons only. Would be kind of neat to be able to jack the truck up 3" or so on occasion...then again perhaps that just a great to pop a CV. And of course there is always the question of whether it a good idea to try and support the truck on the shock mounts (perhaps not that big of a deal given that they'll only be carrying part of the weight unlike that coilover kit for torsion bar trucks).
The First Line said:
Firestone Industrial Products has unveiled its heavy-duty Level-Rite spring air over damper for 1/2 -, 3/4- and 1-ton 2001-2007 General Motors pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles.
-bZj

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I don't like the idea of substantial amounts of weight being supported by the shock mounts; however, I'm sure the engineers that designed it were aware of the load tolerances. I'd still prefer heavier torsion bars.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
ive seen this a few months ago on DP, looks like a cool setup but the cost is crazy. if ur willing to drop the cash then go for it if not, heavier tbars and some ford keys would be best.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
http://www.fsip.com/riderite/applications/levelrite/

Everything I can find on google says the only "half ton" supported is the 1500HD...which is *NOT* a half ton. AFAICT there's only one part number for this thing, 1003, which fits 1500HD, 2500LD, 2500HD, and 3500 trucks as well as the 2500 Av/Sub. Looked on rancho's site for shock pns and they're different for "real" half tons versus 1500HDs. (Also, on rancho's site, all the level-rite supported trucks have the same front shock pn)

I do hope you're right though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts