GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to accomodate larger wheels/body drop? I am having trouble finding a place that does this locally(near Austin,Tx).

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Mine is getting done next month. I'm not sure who's doig it though, I'll find out before it's done.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well I've had it done, but I'm in AZ. What I found out is that most shops send the actual axle shafts off to Moser in Indiana, and cut the housings themselves. You want to be sure that they align it correctly though, otherwise you'll end up with all sorts of issues. I went 4" on my NBS FSGMC to tuck 22X9.5" Rozzi Deeps with a +15mm offset.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Go to your local speed shops or either your Drag Strip .. there will be someone who narrows rearends .. Chevy Truck rearends may not be what they are accustomed to, but someone should be able to do it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, EKMW will be having my stock rear end narrowed but I would like to have a stronger one built after I am tuckin the 24's. I have not even began to look into it but I know it is going to be expensive to have one built, like a Ford 9inch.....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
IM LOWR said:
Ya, EKMW will be having my stock rear end narrowed but I would like to have a stronger one built after I am tuckin the 24's. I have not even began to look into it but I know it is going to be expensive to have one built, like a Ford 9inch.....
That was my original plan, but without priceing it out, just thinking about it...seemed like more than I want to spend right now.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
grounded said:
That was my original plan, but without priceing it out, just thinking about it...seemed like more than I want to spend right now.
Yeah, I think a Currie 9inch rearend without posi and without discs is like $1,800 .. with posi and discs is like $2,300 .. and that's not even including mounts to make it work.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Do you really need to narrow the rear end even with the proper backspacing on 22's?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know the backspacing on my 24's but according to EKMW the rear end will need to be narrowed(and I'm sure that having a bodydrop guarantees that is will need to be done).

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
IM LOWR said:
I don't know the backspacing on my 24's but according to EKMW the rear end will need to be narrowed(and I'm sure that having a bodydrop guarantees that is will need to be done).
Yeah, it has to be done for 23's or 24's for sure because of the width of the rim (I think), but I thought if you got 22's with the proper backspacing, you didn't have to narrow the axle. I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
groundscraper said:
Yeah, it has to be done for 23's or 24's for sure because of the width of the rim (I think), but I thought if you got 22's with the proper backspacing, you didn't have to narrow the axle. I could be wrong, though.
You don't need to for 22s with proper BS, but most chrome wheels don't have enough BS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts