GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that came with my ccssb when I bought it. I apologize I'm lazy right now was wondering if somebody had a part # for a good sounding muffler so that I can go back to a traditional passenger side exit setup? Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
What sound are you wanting to go for? pretty loud, not so loud, deep, close to stock, etc.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running a magna cat back on TBSS....something throaty yet not obnoxious...like these f'n duals the drone is ridiculous. I know my kooks and uncatted y sound great for me. Just need a muffler part #. Loud is fine...the drone has to go. Just want to do a muffler and run pipe to a side exit I hate dual look.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
If you don't like the dual look just have them dump after the rear axle when you get the new muffler(s). That way you do not see any pipe, and :imo it looks a lot cleaner than any pipe hangin down below your truck.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't like the dual look just have them dump after the rear axle when you get the new muffler(s). That way you do not see any pipe, and :imo it looks a lot cleaner than any pipe hangin down below your truck.
I like the way you think! Been working so much my brain is fried thanks I believe I will.

·
HighTek *******
806 Posts
What motor do ya have? Based on that i can give you a bit more of a personalized opinion.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lil'ol 5.3 bone stock not even a tune...or a mega HP adding cai lol.

·
HighTek *******
806 Posts
i would go with a x pipe with two short cased magnaflows. Borlas are $$$. Dump them right after the axle. If you like the cat-less sound get some LT's and ditch the cats. I would go with a longer maggie then!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately the SS chews on my wallet....so no lt's or ory...but x pipe and short magna could be the answer...or swapping over (with a lil fab) my SS catback...and new louder shit for the SS ;) thanks for the thoughts got my wheels turning.

·
HighTek *******
806 Posts
No problem, whatever you get post up some vids!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do kinda slow moving on this though....want fts 4" and 295's first ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts