GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 1/2 years ago i installed a clarion dvd indash using i believe a scoshe wire harness. Not sure what the brand was because my buddy who worked for circuit city got it at cost. My Vehicle is non-bose/non-onstar.
Well i recently got the bright idea to take out the black box that allows the door chime to work. I connected all the speaker wires and ran a seperate ignition wire from the deck to the fuse panel. After doing this the stereo works without a problem. The problem is that after doing this my truck wont start and other times it will start but after about 30 seconds all the gauges on the right side including the gas and volts will be working and then go to zero. I removed the steroe but then left the harness and the truck did the same thing. I then removed the stereo and the harness and the truck runs perfectly and no instrument issues either.
Many people would say just put the door chime box back in but i cannot got the bright idea to threw it away. Any ideas on whats going on and how to fix this. I also removed the negative seeing if the ecu would correct itself but no. Please help.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
somehow you taped into the data wire. Did you say you took out the box? hard to follow what you were saying

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i edited my previous, Yes i did remove the box. I dont see how i connected to any data wire.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
sorry i edited my previous, Yes i did remove the box. I dont see how i connected to any data wire.
theres 2 orange wires, ones constant, the other is data
the outer one is constant

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ill give that a shot and let u know what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts