GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GMFS # 4
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been through a few GMT's in the past few years. from ECSB to OBS Tahoe a Avalanche to now a RCSB NBS. Basically love the newer LS style engine and interiors but love the OBS exterior style 2dr Tahoe/Yukon specifically. I was wondering if I buy another OBS 2dr Tahoe and use my current NBS drive train & interior (dash,gauges,seats,A/C control) do I have to buy any conversion parts other than the motor mounts ? I basically want to strip the whole front half of my current truck and swap it in to the obs tahoe. Using the nbs steering column and all would it be a plug n play deal or do I still some sort of conversion parts ?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Highly doubt it would be plug and play... I'm sure it can be done though with lots of money.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Anything can be done. But, it might be easier to use the OBS and try to retro fit all the new stuff into it.

Motor/Tranny/Axle swaps are easy. Making the NBS dash work will be tricky because the door sizes and shapes are different. Im not sure about interior dimensions (width, height, ext) but im sure there are other differences.

Best thing to do is to start taking interior measurements of both and compare them. You should be able to figure out pretty quickly if you can make the conversion work or not.

·
GMFS # 4
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently have an 04' RCSB 4.8L/4L60 truck. would like to buy me another 2dr Tahoe and have this end product.

F9A75A14-20AE-4E49-8AB6-C460C4B42F5C_zpsjr6gosaa.jpg

ADA29BC1-DC55-4270-9C3D-39D5FDFDA27B_zpsty9wbuxk.jpg

1C0F6F9C-9E02-46BD-A3D9-72EA6EF1E2E9_zpsknk6susv.jpg

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
would think it would be possible if you solely used the body/frame of the obs and then everything else from the nbs..

·
GMFS # 4
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would think it would be possible if you solely used the body/frame of the obs and then everything else from the nbs..
thats exactly what I want to do. Use the body from the 2dr Hoe but all my ecm/electrical/engine,trans from the NBS

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I would swap the steering shafts. The above pic did not and it looks out of place IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you should keep the OBS steering column but put the NBS steering wheel on the old column it would save you a lot of work.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
It's all been done. Even the column swap. You just ave to search. There are no "conversion parts" for the interior. That'll take some fab work on your part. Obviously you'll be buying swap parts for ls into gmt400. You're basically just LS swapping an OBS....

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I currently have an 04' RCSB 4.8L/4L60 truck. would like to buy me another 2dr Tahoe and have this end product.

F9A75A14-20AE-4E49-8AB6-C460C4B42F5C_zpsjr6gosaa.jpg

ADA29BC1-DC55-4270-9C3D-39D5FDFDA27B_zpsty9wbuxk.jpg

1C0F6F9C-9E02-46BD-A3D9-72EA6EF1E2E9_zpsknk6susv.jpg
Doesn't look bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts