GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get my wheels real bad but money is not as good as it can be rite now. if i do what this will i pay for it in the end right now i have a little loan through a finance company since im almost done with it i was thinking about getting at least a little more than half what i need for the wheels i know some will say just wait it out but its hard only making like 200 a week working plus im tryna est. some line of credit. plus i can swing at least 300 a month because im still in my mom house only bill s i have are cell, truck gas, and that loan should i do it.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
gotta love credit!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I would have to say don't do it from lots of experience and show toys..dude im paying on shit I sold years ago. I would only do it if its for a low price and the intrest is worth it like under 6%. just imo

·
Registered
195 Posts
if you can get 300 bucks a month, why not just save that, and maybe sell some stuff or work some side jobs and pay it all up front, credit cards are bogus. i pay cash for everything i own, except my truck, but ive never missed a payment on that.

if you decide to go with the credit car, you will est. some credit, but id pay the full monthly payment and not the minimum, shit adds up fast if you dont.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Alright guy im going to be different i say get the loan. I know when i go to jump up to 22s i won't be able to drop the cash right then and i will get a loan for them. I can make a $100 payment every month than i can drop a couple of grand at one time. I understand where all yo guys are coming from but sometimes havng that much cash laying aorund isn't an option.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Debt is the American way...hell, I'm proud of you for starting to accumulate some before you finish grammer school (yes, it's that obvious).

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Debt is the American way...hell, I'm proud of you for starting to accumulate some before you finish grammer school (yes, it's that obvious).
Who are you talking about?

Especially when you are already dropping payments into silly depreciating assets.

Anyone can "afford" monthly payments. Doesn't mean it is good.
My truck is a depreciating asset so am i dumb for paying on it. It's bagged and I'm planning to body drop it next winter and its worth nothing to anybody but me.

I hope you're not serious.
Actually i am serious if I want to go take out a $1000 loan to jump start rebuilding my truck. Get another line of credit, and have it payed off way befor the loan is due to be paid off whats wrong with that?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Im going to have to agree with Dylan on this one. I love to do new stuff to my truck but i dont think its worth taking a loan out on to do something extra. I did take out a loan on my truck to buy it so i could establish credit, but thats as far as i would go. You never know what kind of emergency could come up and be tight on cash and it would really suck to destroy your credit over some rims or something. ALso if you take out a loan and pay it back before half way through your scheduled payments it doesnt do anything for your credit!

Justin, your truck looks sick and i totally dig the new pics and setup!

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
i took out a loan to start credit...had a payed off truck, had no bills not even a cell...then it grew into wanting more...paid it off...went and got a bigger loan...paid it off before i changed jobs. if you do it....do it for a short amount of time less money spent for interest.

but what's going to happen when you need something important and you can't afford to save...but you've already used your credit line to buy rims...then you're there sitting with something broke, or you there needing something more important than a set of wheels...

just way your options...and dont get a credit card..interest is freaking crazy high when you have no credit.

just my .02 hope you think about it....before doing what i've seen a few ppl do. now they are stuck paying on rims and they can't even sell the rims for what they paid for them.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Actually i am serious if I want to go take out a $1000 loan to jump start rebuilding my truck. Get another line of credit, and have it payed off way befor the loan is due to be paid off whats wrong with that?
If you actually had the money to pay off a $1000 loan and a credit balance before any interest hit then why not just pay for it right away?? If you had to save an extra couple of months whats the harm? The only time I condone any kind of financing on mods is if you can get a 0% deferred line for X amount of months and have the ENTIRE balance paid off before the first payment or interest is due.... other than that its just financially retarded to finance anything to modify a depreciable asset.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
If you actually had the money to pay off a $1000 loan and a credit balance before any interest hit then why not just pay for it right away?? If you had to save an extra couple of months whats the harm? The only time I condone any kind of financing on mods is if you can get a 0% deferred line for X amount of months and have the ENTIRE balance paid off before the first payment or interest is due.... other than that its just financially retarded to finance anything to modify a depreciable asset.

:word:

just save...it's worth the wait...it's not like they are going to run out of rims and tires come the time you have the money.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts