GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON a new body stle truck could you fit 35's on stock rims with a bodylift and t-bar crank. and does anyone have pictures of this setup?

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I'd have to agree with Sevenfold. 315's are too wide for the stock rims imo, if you get a bl, run some 305's on a 16x8 and give your tbars a few cranks. It will look good :head:

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
I disagree. 315/75/16's on factory rims look good IMO, I loved them when I was just body lifted. Hell most people around here run 315's on factory wheels with no lift at all. :anitoof:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Stuffing tires like that is totally pointless. First of all bullshit that he doesnt rub much, I can rub my 315s wuth 10" of lift so he cant even start to say his dont rub much. They are on stock rims, but still. All those 36s are going to do for him is
1) wear out his IFS faster
2) tear the crap out of his fenders if he flexes it out at all
3) make his truck SLOW, you really need to regear for 36s

In your case with a bodylift I would get some 33s, you wont rub nearly as bad, and wont need to regear.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Dark Eternal makes a lot of sence.. just stay with 33's. your gunna mangle your transmission with 3.73 gears on 36" tires.

my 40" rubbed on my '85 gmc with 9 inches of lift if i flexed it out on rocks but im mostly just a mud runner. :bowtie:

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea dont be a cheapass, buy a real lift, get the frame off the ground. That looks like crap IMO if you stuff tires, im thinking about going to 33's with my truck. If it takes you a month to save 150 or whatever for the bl, wait another 9 months to do it right, you will be alot more happier. Halfass is tacky and useless. Just my honest and very commonly shared opinion....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts