GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the SIR-GM1 I have in my truck is really pissing me off. If the radio is in CD mode and you start the truck, it starts playing Sirius on top of the CD. You have to push BAND and then CD to listen to "just" the CD. Additionally, pushing the "BAND" button to see what's playing causes it to change to a different station. The underlying problem is that DEI did NO TESTING with the nav radio even though they specifically say it works, and their tech support tells me to talk the installer (which is me).

Just curious if XM's rock stations have improved. They sucked so bad I made the switch, but want to go back to using the factory XM box if they've improved.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
not really

·
Registered
177 Posts
pretty much the same, i have xm for 4 years and i was gonna switch over to sirrus but they merged so in the near future they're gonna have all the same channels and also im too cheap to buy a new setup

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
pretty much the same, i have xm for 4 years and i was gonna switch over to sirrus but they merged so in the near future they're gonna have all the same channels and also im too cheap to buy a new setup
They havent actually merged yet and nothing has been approved. Everything until the end of the year is pure speculation. They could merge but still operate seperatly, or let you choose what channels you want, NOBODY knows.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously hoping they make Sirius' lineup available over XM.

Actually managed to get a hold of someone at DEI tech support today whose going to try and put me in touch with someone in the product dev team. Sweet if it happens.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
The funny thing is that I absolutely hate the Sirius channels except for one and I can listen to any of the XM ones and I love squizz.

What I'm saying is that it's all personal preference, you can't get on here and ask everybody what they like, you need to go somewhere and listen to it. If you go to xm's website you can get a 3 day trial and listen to it on your computer for 3 days and see what you think.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Although you may be correct, his first post states clearly that he "made the switch to sirius" since he didnt like the XM programming.

·
Registered
177 Posts
They havent actually merged yet and nothing has been approved. Everything until the end of the year is pure speculation. They could merge but still operate seperatly, or let you choose what channels you want, NOBODY knows.
my mistake man....i misunderstood the email i got, but yea squizz is probably the only rock channel i listen to on XM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts