GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched this guy in his Chevrolet 3500 plow my townhomes private drive today. He was spinning tires, locking the brakes up, slamming it from reverse to drive, and bouncing that plow up the curbs. I guess they have to work fast to make there money, but man that's gotta be hard on a truck! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My uncle owns a shop in Iowa and they have a lifted k5 on 35's with a plow on it, its fun to watch my uncle run that thing around in the snow :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
droppedgmc said:
thats homer "mr. plow" :anitoof:
Gotta love the Simpsons

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stu Meat said:
some people actually use there trucks for work just not everyday driving
I know but it has to be hard on it ramming into curbs and shifting every 3 seconds.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2k1slvrdo said:
i want a plow for my truck... :D
Your lucky your bagged!, you don't need a plow just use your bumper. :anitoof: :cheers:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Does that mower have a "Go baby go!" button?? :rocking:
I used to have a NOS Sneeky Pete system on for shits & giggles..
I took it off cause I was having so much fun the grass wasn't getting cut.. lol

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
1buda said:
I used to have a NOS Sneeky Pete system on for shits & giggles..
I took it off cause I was having so much fun the grass wasn't getting cut.. lol
lmao... thats gonna be me when i'm ur age :crazy: i'm just gonna have to figure out how to put a blower on my lawn mower...

·
Registered
49 Posts
They have to go fast to be able to push anything more than two inches. It most likely has a pretty twisted frame. But thats the way it goes, some people do have to beat pickups to do work.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Stu Meat said:
some people actually use there trucks for work just not everyday driving
:word: :cheers:

He was spinning tires because more than likely, the truck is only 2wd. The only real damage to the truck is done when he pushes the snow into a pile, and the truck absorbs the shock. These trucks were built to work, and they are alot stronger than the half tons that you guys drive.

I've run 3 plow trucks; a F-450, 2500HD and a 3500. If you try pushing snow at a crawl, you won't move anything. That snow gets heavy, and if you're crawling across a lot or street, you're just glazing the surface. Hitting curbs is just carelessness. You should know where every curb and speedbump are before you drop the blade. Both of the Chevy's had over 150k miles on them, and they were in good shape, considering the abuse they went through on a daily basis. :head:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah, anything 3/4 ton or bigger is much heavier duty than the half tons. However, I use a '89 suburban for plowing and it works good. But I am easy on the truck, I'm sure if someone else was driving there would be nothing left.

Also, on this topic....straight from '01 manual:

If your vehicle doesn’t have the snow plow prep
package, adding a plow can damage your vehicle,
and the repairs wouldn’t be covered by warranty.
Unless your vehicle was built to carry a snow
plow, don’t add one to your vehicle.
If your vehicle has the snow plow option called
RPO VYU (snow plow prep package), then the
payload your vehicle can carry will be reduced
when a snow plow is installed. Your vehicle can
be damaged if either the front or rear axle
ratings, or the GVW, are exceeded.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts