GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know much about this setup?

I'm planning to go from a single 34" core radiator w/ ATF cooler only (that I have now) to a custom two core 34" with ATF and Oil coolers. I am going to track down a radiator as long as the end tanks are not broken. lol

:think:

·
Registered
601 Posts
onyx said:
why not just buy the B&M 24,000 GVW???... it should suffice nicely... easy bolt on.

He wants an atf AND an oil cooler.

My question is where would the fittings and lines go? I know on my '89 there was an adapter plate that mounted right above the oil filter that had the lines going to and from it. It looked sorta like a spacer right above the filter.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
On the one on the suburban i changed the other day, the atf lines hooked up on the passenger side plastic tank thing, and the oil coolers on the same place on the same place on the other side of the radiator. It was stock.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recall seeing a picture somewhere before of how it got oil from the motor to the cooler, but I don't recollect how. :think:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a fittin that fits where the oil filter goes and has hoses that go from that to the cooler, then the filter screws onto it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hrm, maybe someone with an HD will chime in and take some pics. :shake:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
not sure if this will help but my OBS 1/2ton has a adapter fromt he oil filter that is probably about a 3/4 inch plate it has a return line to it and also a outgoing line to the cooler.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah only 3/4 ton type trucks get oil cooler... 2500, 1500HD, 2500HD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts