GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i decided today that i was going to crank the TBs a little just to see if i could get back to level like it was when i bought it... well after some pre-work measurements, i found that the front end on the passenger side is 3/4" higher than the driver side. I first measured from the ground(level concrete) to the bottom side of the fender flare directly above the center of the wheel. i also measured from the ground up to the rear bracket on the front LCAs just to make sure i was seeing correctly...(1/4" different, there)

The only thing i can think of on that side would be the tank and i have 3/4 of a tank in it... i plan on taking some measurements later on when i have less fuel

Has anyone else ever noticed this??? would this be from the TBs sagging, or should i not even worry about it and go on?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
This is common on every GM truck. (HDs and 1/2 tons.) I think part of it is the gas tank being on the driver's side, plus the weight of the driver that is constantly on the driver's side. (I rarely drive around with passengers.)

You can crank your passenger's side torsion bar up to level the front off. Chances are, you're probably leaning in the back too. There really isn't a perfect solution... luckily 3/4" is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Its called Chevy lean, a lot/all Chevy/GMC trucks have it, most likely its caused by the tank and other hardware on that side.

Edit: Klemm beat me

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
or u can get green keys for some extra height....i just happen to have some for sale

·
BigNBlack6.0
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, i had figured it was something comoon but i decided i would just ask someone that was a little more edjumucated in that area... :gmfs:

ill pass on the green keys... i have done a TON of research in the past two weeks about picking the front end up... i plan on using the TBs as a temporary fix until i can get what i want, which is a 4 " kit. i still have to buy wheels so im being cheap for now

once again, thanks to everyone who replied!:worship:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
4" kits arent worth the money IMO. 6" kits are relativelty the same price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts