GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
wow, it helps if I look at links, and read correctly, I thought you were putting an HD bumper on a non HD, It might work, But I don't think they will line up correctly.
Sorry.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok. heres the deal. that bumper wont work with the 99-02 fenders because of the curve under the marker light. if you want to use the HD grille, you will have to also use the HD bumper cap. you can use your stock bumper, but you will have to cut the top most bumper mounts off of the frame. Then you need to make a spacer for the lower mount. Additionally you can remove one bolt each from the frame side of the bumper mount that is in the wheel well. this will allow you to angle the bar down to meet the new placement of the bumper. You are essentially pushing your stock bumper down about 2-2.5 inches. there is no bumper cover that i have found to work with the HD grille AND the 99-02 fenders. i was going to try and use an SS cover for the 99-02 trucks, and cut out the center where the grille pushes down into it, but i thinks its just too much work, and idhave to use a shitty fiberglass bumper cover, instead of urethane.

·
static 4x4
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JD thats what I was thinking just trim the corners and lower the mounts. I've seen it done a few times but they never would give me a straight answer as to how they did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts