GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 Chevy Suburban 1500 z71 that the wife drives. I want to put an HD Hood on it from a '01 or '02 2500 HD Silverado...

Is the hood a direct fit?

and

Do I need to replace the grill with a 2500 HD Grill?

Anything els that I would need to know...

Thanks in advance.

Jon

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I would think it is a direct fit. I know the grilles on the 'hoe and the silverado are the same, so I'd imagine the whole front end is. And no, you do not need to change the grille.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
I would think it is a direct fit. I know the grilles on the 'hoe and the silverado are the same, so I'd imagine the whole front end is. And no, you do not need to change the grille.
It is a direct fit I just put one on my truck

newpaint006.jpg
ummm.... ??

since they changed the body style on 03+ and you have an 04 then that 01 hd hood just isnt gonna fit. you could however put an 06 hood and grille on your truck if you wanted to. those body styles are the same.

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
He's talking about an 04 Suburban, your 01 HD hood will fit.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
hes got a suburban josh, not a silverado

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
yeah... that would be smart josh... what's going on with the flares?

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
im gonna get some oem ones off gmpd but i gotta get the cash. gotta sell my rims first. i might have a line on a full console though so i dunno yet..

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
lol... priorities always changing, huh?

·
OG
1,498 Posts
It is a direct fit I just put one on my truck

newpaint006.jpg
Hmmm, unique front end application there

I gotta say I like everything but the headlights and corner lights. I really dig the uniqueness your going for there

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmmm, unique front end application there

I gotta say I like everything but the headlights and corner lights. I really dig the uniqueness your going for there
Thanks man one of the reasons I went with this set up was to be unique I have the lights on my truck because I'm tryin to do everything in silver and black. I'll be switching my projector headlights for some with a clear lense and black housing so I can get some HIDs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts