GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i put the HD leaf springs on my 1500 gmc. Its an 05 CC z71. Just dont like the way the rear sags when you put a load on it. If it can be done what year HD springs do I need. If this is a dumb question im sorry for that. :)

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Yes it can be done. I believe 99 - current HD springs are all the same but the old ones maybe worn a bit. So id try to find some used one from a newer truck. It will make it ride stiffer and you'll feel the road more. Just keep an eye for people lifting HD's and using complete rear springs. They usually sell them dirt cheap to get rid of them. Call around to local offroads shops, craigslist etc.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Yes, dont ask why I know :nono:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i just hate to see it sag down like that. my buddies duramax doesnt even squat at all.

·
Registered
957 Posts
thanks, i just hate to see it sag down like that. my buddies duramax doesnt even squat at all.
Just get tow bags. Best of both worlds. HD leafs will rattle your teeth apart on a 5,500lb truck..

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
They will fit. They have more leaves that have more spring rate. They will also lift your truck from its current ride height!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have the keys in the front, do you still think it will be higher in the back ?

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I have HD springs on my 1/2 ton (Skyjackers) and they work just fine.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
with cranked keys 2-3" in the front and hd springs in the back you will have a about as much rake before you cranked it, id just remove the factory block and you should be level.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool, thanks guys. I think im gonna remove that block. I also plan on doing a 2" BL to go along with it later on down the road.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
i got them in mine now gave me 3 inchs over the stock springs and block
Your stock springs must have been sagging like hell. We put them in my friends truck and it lifted it about 2 inches, but that was with leaving the stock block in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im getting a set tomorrow for 150 out of an 05. Is that a good deal you think?

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
here is my old truck with a load, 1/2 ton, with 4 inch block and AAL, with 4 inch bump stop spacer. sittin on the bump stops.

DSC03744.jpg

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Mine arent bad. Its a hair stiffer than the stockers but smooth as glass with my bed loaded and it doesnt sag.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts