GMC Truck Forum banner

HD leaf springs on an 1500

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Country Boy 
#1 ·
Can i put the HD leaf springs on my 1500 gmc. Its an 05 CC z71. Just dont like the way the rear sags when you put a load on it. If it can be done what year HD springs do I need. If this is a dumb question im sorry for that. :)

#2 ·
Yes it can be done. I believe 99 - current HD springs are all the same but the old ones maybe worn a bit. So id try to find some used one from a newer truck. It will make it ride stiffer and you'll feel the road more. Just keep an eye for people lifting HD's and using complete rear springs. They usually sell them dirt cheap to get rid of them. Call around to local offroads shops, craigslist etc.

#5 ·
thanks, i just hate to see it sag down like that. my buddies duramax doesnt even squat at all.
Just get tow bags. Best of both worlds. HD leafs will rattle your teeth apart on a 5,500lb truck..

#7 ·
They will fit. They have more leaves that have more spring rate. They will also lift your truck from its current ride height!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.