GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a favor to ask of a HD owner. I could really really use the spring perch to spring perch width on your rear axle. center pint to center pin, edge to edge, i dont care, just let me know what one it is and it had to be acurate. Also the height and width of the frame where the rear springs mount (shackle hanger). Reason I need this is im trying to find out if the ORD shackle flip will work on a half ton truck. The people at ORD weere useless, they didnt know shit about their own products.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called and first talked to a lady who coudlnt tell me even how much lift they provided. Then I talked to a huy named Steve who was better. He informed me how they used the HD ones on border patrol trucks and the millitary combat trucks etc... but had to clue about the measurements of the flip etc and "couldnt get me them rigth off hand" Also said he had no clue if they worked for anything but what the web site said. Said he had never seen the frame of a half ton NBS GM truck :think:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yeah his company builds parts for solid axle gm trucks, ie 88 and older. I don't find it hard to believe that he hasn't seen the frame of an NBS 1/2 ton.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I do know is every product of theirs Ive handled was great quality, why I would really like to use their flip kit!

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you dont mind me asking why did you take it off? I dont think it will work because im 99% sure you have a different perch to perch width than me. The 1 ton trucks have a narower one if I remember right. Also does it really correct some of the amount that the axle moves forward or is that not true. Dont remember where I heard it from. Also if not how far did it move it forward?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I took them off because they looked funky bolted to the piece of frame I cut off my truck and threw in the garbage :anitoof:

My axle didn't move forward with the install of them.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DOH I wasnt thinking very much was I. :crazy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can get it this afternoon. Do you still need it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Off a 2001 Chevy 2500HD
42" outside of frame to outside of frame on rear hangers
44" outside of frame to outside of frame on front hangers
48.75-49" center to center on the springs

Hope that helps

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Beat me to it.....

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its looking like the HD shackle flip might work for the half tons... When I get back in Houston im going to make some more measurements off of Big D's truck or something to be 100% sure but I think they will work! looks like for my rear lift I will; be using the 4" shackle flip and maybe an 8" spring pack, those should flex much nicer than a 12" spring pack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts