GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been going through all the threads but really never got a answer to my questions.

1. The bars that everyone is putting in is just hd bars right?

2. Is there a certain year that i need for my 06?

3. I have the 6" fit kit and we put in the 4" blocks in the back. i have a set of 1" add a leafs in the garage, would i be able to put those bars in and the add a leafs and still be level?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
i got 2" out of mine

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Half tons dont even get 2" on stock keys. 1.5 max on some trucks. mine was a little over 1" maxed the fuck out.

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Half tons dont even get 2" on stock keys. 1.5 max on some trucks. mine was a little over 1" maxed the fuck out.
Mine too.

I got about 2.5 inches going with Rough Country bars and ford keys, but they aren't cranked at all.

You don't need any specific year.

And order GK bars from Rough Country, they are about half the price of getting them through a stealership.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
deranged hit it. listen to that man :read:

·
Unofficial Thread Killer.
756 Posts
i tried keys and my torsion bars first and it was like a skateboard...went to 1 ton torsion bars...and it rode almost factory and got about 1.5" out of it...any newer style hd t-bars should fit. might have certain codes for different tensions due to engine size. i just dont remeber.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I got an easy 2" on my factory keys.. I lowered them down shortly afterwards but regardless, depending on the truck, they'll get 2".

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried keys and my torsion bars first and it was like a skateboard...went to 1 ton torsion bars...and it rode almost factory and got about 1.5" out of it...any newer style hd t-bars should fit. might have certain codes for different tensions due to engine size. i just dont remeber.
I would be happy if i got another 1.5 and still have a nice ride.
Anybody have the gm part #'s of the ones they used.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gm has a couple different indexed keys. Some you can get more lift out of. Ive heard swappin a Ford key and gettin between 2.5 - 3". Swapping bars with an HD help, they wont sag as much.

·
Resident Coonass
228 Posts
Deranged.. How does the rough country bars and ford keys combined ride??? I have ford keys and want to go with the rough country bars to get that little bit of extra height. Where did ya get them from too???

·
Resident Coonass
228 Posts
I know that daniel... I looked all over that site and cannot find any torsion bars. I was wondering if he can maybe give me a link or if he ordered them from somewhere else.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know that daniel... I looked all over that site and cannot find any torsion bars. I was wondering if he can maybe give me a link or if he ordered them from somewhere else.
I couldnt find them on the site either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts