GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just woondering if you could switch out the auto trac cases for the 2001+ hdcases which use the pushbuttons but no auto trac. would it just plug into the computer and the buttons would work instead of having to put a lever in the floor. it could be an alternative than the other t-cases used.

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would they be hard to find? because that sux that the autotrac will burn up because on the chevy hds and the ford f150s all you have to do is bolt the axle on and hook it up because this guy on ftw is doing his f150 swap and he said the you can use the same 79 dana 44 or 60 and its driver side pumkin as the chevys swap but on their trucks the transfer case just bolts right up.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well it will take more work than just plugging the wires in and it working... You will need to find the transfer case control module for the t-case you plan on swapping in and then it will have a different wiring harness so you need one of those too... Then you need the switch assembly to run it or modify yours to work it.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
well you can find a 241 and just bolt it up. It will be floor shifted but I like that better, more reliable. If your doing sfa I would hope your doing it for strength and reliability, not looks and ease of use (hence push buttons)

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but it would be an alternative for people with the center console unless the stick will fit right next to it.

·
6,656 Posts
i plan on putting it next to it. GM offered non push button and a center console in nbs trucks....

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
i plan on putting it next to it. GM offered non push button and a center console in nbs trucks....
I've never seen that setup, infact a guy with a floor shift, when he went to put a stock console in, had to hack up his extension piece to get it to be able to be used. Check out www.chevy4x4trucks.com and look at his old truck.

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
de, is there any room you can move the shifter let so you dont have to cut as much as the red one on that site?

·
6,656 Posts
Well the pics are loading for me, but you should be able to bend the shifter enough so that you wont have to mod teh center console at all, or at least very very little.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ugh i wish i could find the pics...but anyone remember the green reg cab stepside with a 6+3 on 38 inch STS??? he did the swap to a new console and made it work with the floor shift and it didnt look bad at all. If anyone knows his car domain please post it up!! the pics are of it in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts