GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unit.

I need a head unit.

Not looking to spend a fortune, but MUST have ipod capabilities, and if it comes with a cable, thats even better.

lmk what you have.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Don't have one for sale, but for Ipod controlling HU I lovvve my Kenwood X794. Best single din HU I have owned so far.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
because i need something now.

id like to have touch screen and dvd but im not paying more than 200 for an HU. i dont use it that much to make it matter.

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
I have a single din, no aux or USB...can't integrate ipod...pretty used condition. $100 shipped. 2004 Pioneer Premier.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
If I wasn't buying a house right now, I would bid against you on that x794 on ebay, those 6x9s would be good for my tailgate setup too :hmm:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Yes, but why waste it on shit i dont need or arent gonna use.
Why spend 200 on a headunit that looks like doo doo with just the fetures you need when for alittle more you could have one that looks sweet and all kinds of fun fetures?

Ps give me some video cds :imo

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol.. that kenwood is bad ass. puts out tons of power and has the best ipod integration ive used.

ive considered the clarion dual din non dvd unit too.

lol i havent made any of those in furrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrever

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Not sure about that one, but I put the CX400 in my wife's car. Decent unit, my only two issues with it are screen is impossible to see on bright days, and the ipod controls do not work with her 3rd gen Ipod Touch. Got the touch after I bought her the HU before I found that out. Everything else is great though, looks nearly factory in her QX4.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-CX400-D...r_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item336a3cdf1c
This is what I have. Love it. Payed less than $200 new from crutchfield.
Yea, I think I paid $215 with tax from a local shop a little over a year ago.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts