GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4th header bolt from the front on the drivers side is either broken or stripped. Haven't tried pulling it out yet so i could get you guys input. What should i do about this? It is in the location where the 2 bolts are close together and i am about to be doing my lt's. with stock gaskets and some copper rvt is it going to leak like a bitch? I am putting new l92s on it in about 3 weeks so that will solve the problem but this is for now. any help would be appreciated! thanks guys

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if it is stripped out what do i need to do in order to get it out?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
or hammer a socket on it.

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it free spins in the hole. haven't tried backing it out without getting input on here and more time to mess with it. it was 12 at night when i started messing with it and haven't touched it since. gonna try and go back today and get it out

·
Registered
43 Posts
getting it out should not be the problem its getting a new bolt back in and it to hold. i think you should just give me the heads you will have new ones soon lol :big_banana_Dance: you might could drill it out tap it and put a helicoil in it. i have done this to a stripped trans bolt and it holds fine now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts