GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just replaced the dual in single out muffler on my truck with 2 bullet mufflers, so now i have true duals...The tone is really deep and almost bass-like...I can set off car alarms...However it doesn't seem very loud all around, just really deep...I am not looking for a high pitch, just a lil louder in the upper RPM range...I was thinking about ditching the stock cats and buying either the magnaflow or carsound highflow cats setup...would that help at all, I know it will flow better, so thats a plus..any opinion on headers? I want to keep my cats, so i'll go with shorties if I have to...performance isn't a major issue, just sound...

·
Registered
706 Posts
On an obs, I think you can get away with shorties. But all around LTs would make it louder as well, you could just weld up some cats to them when you have the exhaust fabed. I mean if you want to replace the headers and cats anyways, why not go with some LTs. That way if you want performance later your not gonna have to do rework.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
On an obs, I think you can get away with shorties. But all around LTs would make it louder as well, you could just weld up some cats to them when you have the exhaust fabed. I mean if you want to replace the headers and cats anyways, why not go with some LTs. That way if you want performance later your not gonna have to do rework.
:werd:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinkin thorley tri-y headers with some sort of cat system, I heard it can be done with a little fabbing....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking hooker long tubes now, I found them on summit for 410 bucks...will i notice a big difference in sound and performance? Does anyone use these? do they have any emissions equipment? I don't wanna do my whole exhaust over because the 2 mufflers are in the stock location...should i get some highflow cats and have them route the exhaust the way it is stock, or should i go catless and have an x or h pipe put in place? Is it possible to bend the piping from the x or h pipe the reach the mufflers in the stock location?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
i need to pass emissions (OBDII test), so would a tune help me out?

You get a sniffer on the OBDII? Weird.

Nah, just come in with everything working and you should be okay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts