GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
Why not scoop up a used 99-05 Y pipe for yourself? I seriously doubt the testers will know it's not proper for the truck.

ONLY reason I can see why the cats moved is for quicker light off.

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
... i did get my hands on an 05 y pipe, and was thinking about ordering the thorleys, but the only thing that concerns me is if i get a smog guy who knows his crap, he will know that the 06's y pipes changed and if he runs the carb #on the headers he will find out they are smog legal for 99-01 only. and then i wont have the stock y to put back on. if the guys see the carb number and are cool with it, and they don't see anything wrong with the cats then i would be golden, but that's a whole lot of ifs...

and anyone know if you can be given a fine, or citation, or impounded, for a non carb legal exhaust system?

Tell them you bought it like that.

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
lol that might work but i need more of a sure thing. too bad my truck isnt an 01

Hell of course. :) Plus my truck is an '01 so they're legal for it anyway.

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
I know he was tryign to make a decision but I thought I would put my 2 cents in didnt think that would be a problem I have had good results with pacesetters. If I HAD to chose between those two I would go with thorleys.

Chill man

Your post to this was worthless and irrelevant. So why did you think recommending Pacesetters was smart? Hell have you ever seen a pair? Owned a pair? Touched a pair? Their build quality is :blah: at best

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
:bye: go back to FSC

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
ATF cooler install looks good. :biggrin:

· HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
47,426 Posts
Try to get a deal on a 6L/80E pull out. Plenty of morons will buy that setup alone (as they think they need it for their fire breathing 4.8s!) for what pull out combos usually cost.

They go for 1300-1700 usually here with 40-70k.

Just be patient on buying and dont run off the impulse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.