GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 5.3 3.73 gearing, just ordered a cold air intake and am wanting to buy a custom tune and some headers. I have been searching this forum for info on what tune I should get and headers. I have decided I will go with a Black Bear Performance tune that JustinSS offers for the price and it sounds like it will perform better than Wait4me. But as far as the headers I am still confused on which ones. I know I want long tubes for the better performance and sound, I wnat my truck to sound ignorant, while keeping the cats because I need them for inspection. Which pipe would be good for it, the Y' pipe, X' pipe, or H' pipe. I want to keep it a single exhaust. Any muffler recomendations would be great. Mufflers that make my truck loud as hell that sounds good at the same time. I wnat the real aggresive sound. I have a cherry bomb glasspack on my truck right now. Any help, suggestions on headers? Stock truck, tires, motor, ect.. exept for the intake coming and glasspack muffler. And I have been searching like all day, I usally do a lot of searching before starting a new topic..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts