GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my LPP LTs in and im so ready to install but gotta wait till I can order my E-cut out and better clamps.

I seen on someone elses thread, forgot who, that they recieved bolts to install the headers with. I didnt get any. Am I supposed to?
Also I thought these came with gaskets too? I didnt get those either if they do..

Whats the wire that it comes with for?

The holes with the plugs in them are for the O2 sensors right?
If I dont put them back in should I use some kind of lock tight on the plugs so they wont come loose?

Anything that I should look out for when installing the headers?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Reuse your stock bolts and gaskets. Soak the bolts and y pipe in pb blaster for a few days before you try taking them off. The holes are for your front o2 sensors. You have to plug them in. The rears you can unplug. The wire is for extending the rear o2 wires i believe if you do decide to use them.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Just got my LPP LTs in and im so ready to install but gotta wait till I can order my E-cut out and better clamps.

I seen on someone elses thread, forgot who, that they recieved bolts to install the headers with. I didnt get any. Am I supposed to?
Also I thought these came with gaskets too? I didnt get those either if they do..

Whats the wire that it comes with for?

The holes with the plugs in them are for the O2 sensors right?
If I dont put them back in should I use some kind of lock tight on the plugs so they wont come loose?

Anything that I should look out for when installing the headers?

Thanks in advance
i can only answer some of the questions because i do not have these headers, but...

I would personally use the Gm Stud Kit and nuts to install these headers, they are much easier. I can provide part numbers if need be.

use the factory gaskets.

the wire is presumably to extend the O2 sensors.

You should not need loctite. If you do not use the O2 sensors, I believe that you will need a retune.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Ok thanks guys.

I want to run an electric cut out with the headers. Any that you would recommend, or any I should stay away from?

I havent measured anything yet but the Y looks like 3in pipe.
I would have to order a 3in cut out then right?

This sound like a good deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Badl...907Q2em263QQcategoryZ33630QQitemZ180375541026

Or would you go with this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Badl...907Q2em263QQcategoryZ33630QQitemZ180375540697
get a 3" DMH Cutout

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Damn, is there any way you can ask more than one question per post?

1.)Go with a DMH 3" cutout
2.) Run a turndown if you want to. I don't
3.)PB Blaster helps break rust free and makes it easier to remove the bolts without breaking them
4.) Use your stock gaskets
5.) I wouldn't reuse your stock header bolts but some do.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, is there any way you can ask more than one question per post?

1.)Go with a DMH 3" cutout
2.) Run a turndown if you want to. I don't
3.)PB Blaster helps break rust free and makes it easier to remove the bolts without breaking them
4.) Use your stock gaskets
5.) I wouldn't reuse your stock header bolts but some do.
I put a bunch of quetions in my first post :crazy:
Then I came up with some more..

Where could I get new bolts?
Thanks for the answers!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Get some factory GM gaskets. Also check out QTP electric cutouts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Where could I get new bolts?
Thanks for the answers!
im tellin ya, run the GM Studs, don't do bolts. Hell of alot easier doing these.

gmpartsdirect.com

11589154 on the studs, and 11609746 on the nuts

U need 12 total studs and 12 total nuts.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im tellin ya, run the GM Studs, don't do bolts. Hell of alot easier doing these.

gmpartsdirect.com

11589154 on the studs, and 11609746 on the nuts

U need 12 total studs and 12 total nuts.
That's what I meant. Thanks

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
most the questions have already been answered but i'll add my 2 cents.
the kit should have came with gaskets and bolts but i didn't use them.
i sprayed my header bolts every day for a week with pb blaster before the install to make sure they came out alright. i bought new gm gaskets and percey's locking bolts.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Get some factory GM gaskets. Also check out QTP electric cutouts
No No No No No!

QTP cutouts are absolute dog shit. I could literally find hundreds of people on ls1tech and performancetrucks who have had their fail.

They are made horribly and I would say 1 out of every 2-3 will end up broken or leaking within 2 years.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got another question....

What would be the best size pipe to run with this setup to still keep/make the most low end torque?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts