GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the LPP headers are designed without the EGR, but what do i do with it? I tried searching, but the most info i can find is about having the EGR tuned out with a BB or similar tune.. But what about the mechanical side of it? When i install my LPP longtubes next week, what do i do with the EGR? I'm assuming it's the flange that pokes out of the passenger side manifold. Do i just block it off? Leave it open? Tie a pink ribbon to it? I wanna make sure i have everything lined up before i dive into this, as it's my only means of transportation and can't have it down for too long.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
It's been forever since I've done it, but I just used a blockoff plate for my pacesetters. On the intake I used an expandable plug I bought for $2 from Pep Boys. It's been on for 2 years now with no problems.

In short, rip all that shit off. My truck was an EGR, and AIR california truck. It had all kinds of shit on the engine. Just rip it all out and once it's tuned just block off everything that's on there.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
i agree..ive got egr on my truck now with my pacesetters but i was thinkin of tuning them out. I was wondering if theres a difference in running with egr or running without it.
For me I just disabled the code and blocked it off. It doesn't hurt anything, probably only helps a tiny bit, but it just makes everything more simple.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
if it's the part on the intake that i am thinking of, i guess the easiest thing would be to remove the hose, make a block off plate, put some rtv on it and screw it down?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
if it's the part on the intake that i am thinking of, i guess the easiest thing would be to remove the hose, make a block off plate, put some rtv on it and screw it down?
easiest would be either to buy the GM block off plate(Search performancetrucks for the part number), or do what I did and buy the $2 expandable plug. I didn't even need to use RTV.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah just rock the GM made plug for the manifold, I think mine was about $4 years ago.

I also removed the wiring all the way back to the PCM.

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, so after examining the whole setup, i seem to remember that EGR tube in the intake manifold looked like it would be quite the restriction in the intake tract to begin with, correct? So all i would need to do is block off that hole right there and be good to go.. When you trace the plug back to the ECM is it just a plug there too or are there wires to hack?

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FML The local stealership wants $38 for that little **********! Vatozone here i come! lol

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
OK, so after examining the whole setup, i seem to remember that EGR tube in the intake manifold looked like it would be quite the restriction in the intake tract to begin with, correct? So all i would need to do is block off that hole right there and be good to go.. When you trace the plug back to the ECM is it just a plug there too or are there wires to hack?

lol yeah restrictive... dyno it and see if you can detect any difference.

Just remove the pins at the PCM, I think there are five.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts