GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Get some stock GM MLS gaskets, you can reuse the bolts unless you want to upgrade and you can drop the passenger side header from the top but the driver side goes in easier from below.

Also be sure to have plenty of extensions, short and deep sockets and knuckle adapters, the bolts near the firewall are difficult to get at. Taking the inner fender liners out gives you better access to the bolts/spark plugs too.

Also retorque the bolts after 50-100 miles of driving.

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Pacesetters are 3" collectors and 3" y-pipe but you either use the c-clamps that came with them or have some flanges welded on to them.
Lpp are 2.5" collectors but come with flanges to bolt them together. iirc it has a 2.5" y-pipe I'm not sure.

I have pacesetters and they are great. I got the ceramic coated ones.
I cracked one spark plug when I installed mine. You can take them out if you'd like.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pacesetters are 3" collectors and 3" y-pipe but you either use the c-clamps that came with them or have some flanges welded on to them.
Lpp are 2.5" collectors but come with flanges to bolt them together. iirc it has a 2.5" y-pipe I'm not sure.

I have pacesetters and they are great. I got the ceramic coated ones.
I cracked one spark plug when I installed mine. You can take them out if you'd like.
I also have the ceramic coated Pacesetters and no probs. They still look great and no leaks. I never installed them so can't give any feedback on that but it doesn't look like it would be to hard.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,915 Posts
I want LLP headers.... To much money right now though, haha.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
You get the LPP's here:
http://lpparts.com/store/page7.html

Our headers are made out of 321 Polished Stainless steel. The highest quality stainless you can make exhaust parts out of. They don't need any coating.
The headers are 1 3/4" primaries and the collectors and Y are 2 1/2".
They will outlast your truck:)

Our price is about the same as the pacesetter coated headers and y. But with coated headers if you scratch the coating in any way then they rust.
With ours you can scratch them beat them up anything you want and they will never rust :)

·
MILF lover
4,086 Posts
i think they might be asking about the 1 3/4 vs. 1 7/8 and 2.5 vs. the 3 inch being a big difference in performance. other than that your headers are made out of better quality materials no doubt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have the ceramic coated Pacesetters and no probs. They still look great and no leaks. I never installed them so can't give any feedback on that but it doesn't look like it would be to hard.
i also have pacesetters and the tubing is too thin so they make alot of valvetrain noise im going with doug thorleys tho cuz i couldnt get a hold of anyone at lpp

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.