GMC Truck Forum banner

Headers question?

Question 
1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  CHVY4LF 
#1 ·
Ok so i finally put on my OBX shorty headers and the passenger side "doughnut" seal thing doesn't fit with the new header. Question is did anyone elso have this problem with there headers and does anyone have any advice, my thought is to just find a smaller one so it will fit but not sure where to do that.

#4 ·
don't have any advise on shorties but if you need new donuts and gasket for the driver and passenger lower side of the shorties, let me know. i have brand new ones.

#5 ·
#8 ·
Sell them, sell the Hypertech... then get a real tune.
Why not run them and get a tune

I'd call the company. Sounds like no one can help unless they have the same ones. Your description of the problem is kinda vague.
Yeah i dont know, i bought a new doughnut gasket going to try that

#9 ·
Why not run them and get a tune

Because they don't add any power. I am not sure about newer Hypertech units, but the old ones didn't do shit for power. Only raised shift points which helped.

Been there, done that. Take that money and parlay it into something you can actually notice... stall, cam, etc.

#12 ·
well they are already on and thay may not do any noticable power but they are lighter so they may help there.

Okay, 15lbs on 5000lbs truck. Yeah, you'll notice it... :rofljest:

We're trying to help you dude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.